Randys pick ups set up on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randys pick ups set up on ?

I need to find out the set up on his cream colored Les Paul & the Black RR1 with gold pin stripes. I tried to use the search function here but I keep some strange Error message. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    According To The Prophecy

Re: Randys pick ups set up on ?

the les paul is probably stock pickups, and i'd assume the black guitar is distortion and jazz.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

<font color="yellow">Yup!!

As far as I'm aware, and from the pics I've seen of the creme Les Paul Custom, they were standard/stock pups, and I've never heard of any major/extensive mods done to it either.

I've seen pics of Randy with a couple of other Les Paul's (I think a black one) and it had, IIRC, exposed coil pups, but it didn't give a breakdown of the pups.

The Distortion/Jazz theory is a solid one, and, a great combination of pups IMO.

Maybe somebody else will chime in [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img].
      </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I need to find out the set up on his cream colored Les Paul & the Black RR1 with gold pin stripes. I tried to use the search function here but I keep some strange Error message. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Search never works for me either.

I've heard the Distortion/Jazz set up from many a person, and I personally think that combo sounds great.

Comment

I thought he used Dimarzio Super Distortions in his LP.

Comment

I seem to remember an interview with him saying he liked Super Distortions, too. ...Could be wrong about that, though.

Comment

His LPC looked stock on the videos I watched..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                His LPC looked stock on the videos I watched..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant his Vs. I believe the Sandoval had a SuperDs in the bridge. Possibly his white Jackson, too?

Comment

Working...
                X