Def Leppard - "Visualize" DVD Jacksons & Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Leppard - "Visualize" DVD Jacksons & Charvels

Does anyone else have this DVD (the re-released DVD version that includes "Video Archive")? No surprise that Phil is playing some of his cool Jacksons, but what were those two Charvel thinbodied acoustics that Joe and Phil used for the (1993?) Sheffield live performance of "Two Steps Behind"? JTX acoustics?

I was going to make and post a whole collection of screenshots showing the Jacksons and Charvels, but there were so many of those instances that I just said screw it and it'd be easier for each of you to buy the damn DVD instead. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The acoustic performance at the Wapentake Club is worth the price of the DVD alone... friggin' flawless! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Def Leppard - \"Visualize\" DVD Jacksons & Charvels

Yeah, the Sheffield footage is pretty cool - shame it starts in daylight though! I think those were the JTX guitars.....

From what I remember, Phil doesn't play a PC archtop or the Adrenalize guitar in that vid, which always struck me as kind of odd. Love the lacewood, white and seafoam green dinkys though......
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Re: Def Leppard - \"Visualize\" DVD Jacksons & Charv

He was still using the Collen archtops a lot at that point. You can see it in some of the videos from that album.

Comment

Yeah, there's one in 'Lets Get Rocked', just not used a that live gig....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Phil's signature archtop is one of the coolest looking guitars I've ever seen!

Comment

i think this guitars are ATX Charvels.
            i bought one two weeks ago very easy to play and has a really nice tone.
            the electronic has 3-band-eq and volume.

i posted this pix allready here.

btw. did you realize, that phil was playing a Gibson Les Paul Custom for one song at this sheffield openair.

Comment

That's the guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yup, Phil was playing the Les Paul during "Armageddon It", I think. The rest were pretty much all Jacksons if I remember correctly... I've only watched the DVD twice because it's REALLY packed with material and takes a while to watch it all. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just got the "Hysteria" Classic Albums documentary DVD today as well. A few more Jacksons, and a PC1 Solar. Very nice! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

My manager had an extra ticket for the Def Lepp/Bryan Adams concert for tomorrow night, so I'll give a report on what guitars Phil and Viv are playing.
                I also love those DVD's, lots of great stuff!

Comment

See, Lep is coming to my hometown this Saturday, but a Canadian band by the name of The Tea Party (Bill Z Bub apparently likes some of their stuff) is opening the show. No offence to The Tea Party, but they sound NOTHING like Def Leppard. If they got Bryan Adams to open here as well, it'd be at LEAST in the same general neighborhood.

Oh well.

Expect some photos from me on Sunday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] My tickets are for the floor on Side A, so I think I'm on Viv's side of the stage. Hope I can still see Phil's new Strathead Jackson if he has it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    My manager had an extra ticket for the Def Lepp/Bryan Adams concert for tomorrow night, so I'll give a report on what guitars Phil and Viv are playing.
                    I also love those DVD's, lots of great stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them in St. Paul a couple weeks ago. Viv played Les Pauls all night. Phil played a couple PC's(I remember a red one, the new black one, and a blue one) and about 1/3 of the night, he played a tele.

Comment

Let me know if you guys get some good shots of the Union Jack / new album cover San Dimas guitar.

Thanks
                      Brooks
                      www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Not to highjack this thread but I have two extra tickets to this Saturdays Leppard Ottawa show so if any one needs them let me know with a PM or email me.

Brooks, I'll reserve them for you if you like so that you can personally get those pics that you want!

Comment

Im a bit far away from ya for the show. They were here a few times, and talked to Phil about it - just could not make it. I wanted to meet up with him and his tech to go over some stuff, but didnt happen...

Thanks
                          Brooks
                          www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

brooks... it took you 9 replys this time! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you're slipping now! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                            X