How did Robin Crosby die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How did Robin Crosby die?

Yes, sadly there are people who don't get enough attention at home so they feel that even negative attention is better than none at all.

Hearing and reading the stories of Robbin's life I can tell how much his passing hit Sully and Curt. We lost a great guitar player, they lost a friend. Trivializing that loss just proves how low some people will go.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

yes...
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thats pretty crappy. I lost my first wife two years ago in a car wreck, and I lost my best freind that day. My new wife and I are passionate, but we havent established the "friendship" that Stacie and I created over the 5 years we were together. That would be the same as someone making light of her death.
        JUST NOT COOL
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Well, losing your wife in an accident, is an honest to goodness tragedy. An absolutely horrible thing that was an accident and she was an innocent person.

Robin Crosby killed himself with his lifestyle and lived ten times the lives of any of us. I think he'd have also laughed at the team america quote that was deleted.

Robin knew drugs and sex could kill him, and he chose the what he chose. He chose a dangerous unprotected lifestyle and bought the farm. No disrespect, but sometimes you buy your ticket, and THAT he did. If I did that, I'd expect no sympathy.

Considering the south park worshipers that are here, I'd think "someone" would have understood it was humorous. But instead, chose to get all up in arms.

You guys have a hard job, but, maybe you need to lighten up in some areas. I've seen much worse go right by everyone without a comment.

I like Robbin, but hey if you lead that lifestyle, that shit happens, bummer. I dopubt he'd be upset about anyone commenting on his ignorance that ultimately killed him.

Comment

yes, robbin's demise was from his own doing, but that doesn't make it okay to make fun of it. hell, i don't see anyone making jokes about giving andrew aycock "flying a plane while high lessons" when people speak of randy's death; granted, randy was a victim, but hopefully you cankinda see my point. what was posted and removed was tactless and uncool. sometimes people need to accept that it's okay to not say anything.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

To further propogate this, It was also uncool to do that on a board that has long term members who happen to have been friends with Robbin, so not only does it affect his memory but it affects his friends ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I met a gal in an airport who knew many 80's metal guys. I thought she also said Dana Strum was dead. Anyone know how he died? We hear about Ramones dying but curiously, how many little known rockers have passed on?

Comment

Dana Strum? That I have not heard, but Slaughter's guitarist Tim Kelly was killed in a car crash years ago.

http://slaughterweb.com/main/index.htm
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

nobody , (me) was NOT making fun of Robbin...I loved Ratt and still do..

It was "levity" not malice that motivated me to post those song lyrics..yes the song is ridiculous...that is the "joke" of it..and I didn't write it..Trey Parker did..

"TREY PARKER"...the one that everyone seems to worship here for his kind of "humor"..as I do..

but after watching Team America for about a dozen times ..just like alot of us here did..I thought that would put some "levity" on this unfortunate issue.

If "I" had aids myself and watched that scene ..it would have made me laugh...because it's so freakin' "stupid"..

I think Robbin would have laughed too because I always heard he was a very cool and fun guy...I didn't know him like some here ..but he was a great player , a cool dude and I meant absolutely no disrespect..

If I die of a horrible disease..you have my full permission to make jokes and remember me as a clown ...I would want it that way...I like to make people .."laugh".

But I seem to step on my dick sometimes doing so...can't help it...that's me.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah, well i can tell you from personal experience that AIDS was NOT something that robbin joked about. he didn't cry about it, or ask for anyone's sympathy, but he wasn't laughing about it, either.

here's a picture for ya, lets all laugh about it, shall we?

when he got out of the hospital and moved into his new apt, he hurt his foot pretty badly during the move, and because of it, he was stuck back in a wheelchair. he was very upset because he bought a new bed, but couldn't sleep in it because his wheelchair couldn't fit through the door.

perhaps you think it's funny, but i can tell ya that he didn't.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

RIP Robbin. He had a hand in the design of one of my favorite shapes of all time, my respect...

Comment

"perhaps you think it's funny, but i can tell ya that he didn't."

No sully I don't think it's funny...

but that stupid song in that movie ..is.

that's it.

Comment

There's no denying that in proper context that it was funny. Problem is, this isn't it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

OK Todd..I got the picture.

Sorry , i intended no disrespect to Robbin or his close freinds.

Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Dana Strum? That I have not heard, but Slaughter's guitarist Tim Kelly was killed in a car crash years ago.

[/ QUOTE ] It was long ago and I think she made me guess. She probably said "one of the guitarists" and I said Dana, then she said "yes" She didn't appear to be a girl who knew the difference between 4 and 6 strings. Then Dana is still around?

Comment

Working...
                                X