Mark Tremonti & Alter Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Tremonti & Alter Bridge

If you haven't heard it, I strongly suggest go pick a copy up, I was amazed by Tremoti's power chops, some of this has a Metallica sound to it, this man has single handedly reestablished this type of sound, as well as bringing back the solo's to songs....one bad ass dude. No Creed sound here.

Re: Mark Tremonti & Alter Bridge

Yea I agree his sound is heavy .As soon as I heard the 1st song I knew I would like it. I think the Uber has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Last year Mark started taking lessons again, and really worked at his technique. I know the Bassist (Brian Marshall) and he said Mark really dedicated himself to getting better, by the way any rumors that Scott is spreading about Creed getting together is pure bullshit. he can't stand it the guys are doing so well without him.
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Uber being a Bogner?
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Uber being a Bogner?

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed

Comment

mark tremonti - scott stapp = [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] boy...! stapp has an ego [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] "open your eyes" has a nice groove to it. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Uber being a Bogner?

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed

[/ QUOTE ]

Last i knew he was still using his 2 channel mesa Rec's, even on tour for the Alter album he used his mesa's, i have not heard of him switching to ubers.

As to mark, i have always thought he was a monster player, comes up with good riffs and his tone always sounds heavy, sometimes a little to much treble for me, but he has always put solo's in most of his songs. I heard he can shread and good he is showing more of it.

Comment

I am still waiting for the guitar player from Staind to start shredding. He took lessons from Tony Macalpine.
                Go figure.
                I like Mark Tremonti's style. Even when he was in Creed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I am still waiting for the guitar player from Staind to start shredding.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

There was a song or two on the Alter Bridge album where Mark used an Uber. I don't remember which off the top of my head though, I want to say it was one of the later songs. Added a whole new level of heaviness to it though, I do remember that much. I like his playing a lot more in Alter Bridge, its a lot more creative imo than the radio friendly Creed stuff.

Comment

I really like Find the Real but there's a couple of songs I don't like ... but Mark is a frikin good player now

http://www.guitar.com/Misc/popplay.a...=613&ParType=6

Comment

Creed was a fine example of what happens when you saddle a rocking band with a egomaniacal singer with a vision. I'm glad Stapp is out of the picture.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I really like Find the Real but there's a couple of songs I don't like ... but Mark is a frikin good player now

http://www.guitar.com/Misc/popplay.a...=613&ParType=6

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he likes Wah effect at all? That is one hell of a Rig, a little over kill in my opinion, but whatever works for him. kinda weird he keeps the gain at 6 but then throws a overdrive pedal in front of the amp.

I am more of a straight amp person with just a few effects, maybe an overdrive and delay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            I am still waiting for the guitar player from Staind to start shredding.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

+2
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

A lot of guys including Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, It Dies Today, etc, use overdrive pedals with the gain turned all the way down and the level knob all the way up in front of high gain amps as a signal booster...they say it helps the tone cut thru some and helps it sit better in the band mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X