Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party.San Open Air Review (Cannibal Corpse)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party.San Open Air Review (Cannibal Corpse)

hi guys

i went to this years german party.san open air, basically a thrash/death/black metal festival. i only went there on saturday, so i missed all bands that played on friday.
    www.party-san.de
    here's a little review...
    i'm not gonna review the first band, cause it was mine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    next came disparaged....solid show, but the music wasn't my cup of tea. rather ordinary death metal.
    then came omnium gatherum. i had not known them before, but they were great. well done melodic death metal.
    dead came next...boy did they suck. apparently they are some kind of underground grindcore gods, but they were so bad it wasn't even funny. the sounds were horrible, too. very muddy and fuzzy, with distorted bass and everything...
    i didn't watch enthroned.
    graveworm also played a solid show, they rocked the stage, and the crowd loved it. wasn't my type of music, but they do indeed have a great stage presence.
    didn't watch moonsorrow
    i was waiting for cannibal corpse to sign a cd (funny is that it's one of the ones that are illegal in germany, tomb of the mutilated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), so i HAD to watch 1349...or 1789, as i tend to call them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] tr00 norwegian black metal...with corpsepaint, fire, and all kinds of crap. well, basically just crap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they try very hard to appear evil and grim, but everybody except some hardcore bm fans laughed their asses off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they made my day...hilarious
    i don't have to introduce napalm death, eh? they are so much fun to watch, it's great. barney is a MONSTER on stage. their guitarplayer used a 3ch recto all night btw.
    i didn't watch entombed for the most part, but what i saw didn't really floor me...kinda boring imho.

finally, the band i was waiting for...cannibal corpse. and boy did they kick ass. i don't even know how, thats the strange thing about it. they don't move a lot on stage, don't even interact a lot with the fans, but when they are playing it's an evil force. awesome. thanks to germany they couldn't play anything off the first three releases, but they played some killer stuff anyways. unleashing the bloodthirsty, dormant bodies bursting, pounded into dust, psychotic precision, devoured by vermin, sentenced to burn, decency defied, fucked with a knife, pulverized, puncture wound massacre and more i don't remember right now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    pat uses his 7 string bc rich V all night, into a boss tu-2 and a mt-2 into his two channel triple rectifier. BEST live sound i've EVER heared. very raw and mean, but so clear. totally awesome. the new guy used a 3ch dual rectifier, set to modern on the second channel, and played some kind of les paul...i didn't see it clearly, but it could be an esp eclipse. unfortunately, paul had problems with his wrist.
    ah, and by the way, both pat and george are HUGE.
    george, alex and the new one are cool guys. paul didn't talk a lot, and pat was quite a dick...maybe he had an off night. i originally wanted to talk to him (after all he played/plays in both of my 2 favourite bands...nevermore and CC), but he was quite a cocky ass... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    i couldn't remember the new guy's name if my life depended on it, but anyways, he was cool on stage. musically, there were some mistakes, though. not quite as tight as owen was...YET. also, they didn't play any of the REALLY difficult songs, likely because of him....i'm thinking hatched to the head, frantic disembowelment, dead human collection.

sorry for writing a whole fucking book [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Party.San Open Air Review (Cannibal Corpse)

by the way, george was wearing a severed savior shirt [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X