Paul Gilbert Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Gilbert Clinic

hey guys, only a few hours till i go to see Paul Gilbert [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll try and take some pics for you guys tonight, but i'm not sure if i can take cameras in? should be able to. Any one else in the UK going?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Paul Gilbert Clinic

I was going to try to go tomorrow with Jacksonwolf but we're taking my mum out for her birthday so I can't [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've just received his Spaceship:Live DVD so that's adding to my misery of not being able to go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

should of taken your mum to see paul play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

hmmm....

Comment

I went to one of his clinics here in Santiago, and i gotta tell you, it sucks big time!.

I mean, the guy can play, of course, but he is really bad explaining things in a technical way. Besides, a lot the times he explains something, plays it slow, and then, when he speeds it up, he plays it diferently!.

If it were a concert, i'll go, but a clinic... never again.
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I've never been to a clinic before, so what does a clinic involve?
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'm going tomorrow - also trying to take a camera & I know the guys "hosting" it from Guitar Mania intend to as well. I downloaded a set of "clinic" clips from the RacerX website - I'd guess it's just a demo of equipment, and he seems to play a load of his stuff to a backing track & jams with a few competent audience members. I doubt if there'll be anything too technical (tutorial wise) - what's the point if you aren't right next to him & can't see properly? The downloads I got ended up looking like a 1 man gig to a backing track with bonus jam section & a bit of entertaining chit chat. We'll see soon if the format is the same, but I've no doubt he'll be awesome in any case. Not that I'm a fan or anything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Just got back from the clinic. It was really worth just going on my own [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] his guitar tone is awesome, so tight, distorted yet clean and powerful. Really funny guy too. I didn't get to take any pictures, because i forgot to take my camera [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but none the less, it was really cool.
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Cool - I've just been on a stag night, so hope I'm back to normal for tomorrow for the PG clinic near Poole! I'll try to get pictures to post then, but can't promise anything. PG obviously didn't lob any free guitars into the audience for you to miss......again......so hope he's more charitable tomorrow. There's a PGM301 in Guitar Village in Farnham, I think, & I've got a day off, so I might give one a go prior to the clinic - so when he feels the inclination to heave his favourite axe into the crowd, I know what I'll be fighting for! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

lol well he didn't do that, but there was a raffle to win a Laney amp, i was only 4 numbers difference away from winning [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

I think i might sell or trade my JCM 900 for GH100L now that i've heard it live [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

GH100L is THE shit. great amp for the money. but dont expect to sound like Gilbert when you get it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to the gig he's playing in Bath tomorrow night. I'm REALLY stoked about it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Went to the PG clinic last night. Contradicting one of my statements above, the venue was pretty intimate & you could see everything really clearly. Although there wasn't a lot of "This is how I play...." & note by note teaching, Paul covered a good few techniques by demo - picking, legato, dynamics, etc, etc, and it was all done in a very entertaining way. A superb guitarist, musician & entertainer & it was well worth going. Apologies for the quality of these - I was at the back of the room with only a small camera, but hey ho!

A bit of tapping:-

This one has all the useful technique stuff:-

Did you spot them? The arm extension after the final note, the pose &, most importantly, the gurn. As far as gurning goes, he's not in Gary Moore's class (who is?), but a very high standard nonetheless [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

An excellent clinic - PG rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Went to the PG clinic last night. Contradicting one of my statements above, the venue was pretty intimate & you could see everything really clearly. Although there wasn't a lot of "This is how I play...." & note by note teaching, Paul covered a good few techniques by demo - picking, legato, dynamics, etc, etc, and it was all done in a very entertaining way. A superb guitarist, musician & entertainer & it was well worth going. Apologies for the quality of these - I was at the back of the room with only a small camera, but hey ho!

A bit of tapping:-

This one has all the useful technique stuff:-

Did you spot them? The arm extension after the final note, the pose &, most importantly, the gurn. As far as gurning goes, he's not in Gary Moore's class (who is?), but a very high standard nonetheless [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

An excellent clinic - PG rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] he done that at the clinic i was at too. "rock power" i laughed so hard when i saw that.
                            93 USA Soloist EDS
                            USA HT6 Juggernaut
                            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'm amazed he still seems to use the guitar which had the trem taken out as his main guitar.....(it's used alot on the Spaceship:Live DVD as well) Still, I must admit I'm seriously tempted by a Ibanez PGM - hard-tail, maple board, seems pretty cool to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X