Inazone/ Under Eden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inazone/ Under Eden

I dont know if anyone here has heard Inazone's Material, but if you havent, I would recommend it. I do not care for the type of metal that they play, but I enjoyed listening to it. The song, six feet under eden (i think that is the title) is really good. The cool thing is that they dont have a bassist, and the mix sounds really full. One top of that, Inazone is a Jackson/Charvel man and is a hella nice guy. You can buy the CD at theendrecords.com (at least thats where I got mine)
    get a copy of it and post what you think. My man got a record deal (Black Lotus) and we need to support one of our own. UNDER EDEN: Songs from the Savage Circle
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Re: Inazone/ Under Eden

Damn, thanks man. The actual process of getting the album finished was a nightmare due to computer problems, communication problems (Greek label, Minneapolis band - use your imagination), only able to book two nights per week at the studio, etc.

It's good we recorded when we did. I got a month-long respiratory infection toward the end of the sessions, our drummer's hands got set on fire (working at a nursing home??? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]) a week after tracking his parts, and a recording software update went horribly wrong and knocked the drum and bass tracks out of time with the guitars and vocals. Nice, eh? That doesn't even begin to touch the so-called mastering job...
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, the album title is just The Savage Circle. "Songs from..." was the 2003 demo.

And we finally found a bassist, so lots of shows getting booked. Pics on our site of the five-man UE crew in action.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry bro, I am so used to seeing that "Songs from" part in your MD forum signature....

My bad...

Guys, Check it out... we need to get him some albulm sales so FMIC will pick him up as an endorsee....
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Ordered mine!!

Comment

So did you guys ever play any shows before getting the record deal with black lotus? How'd you go about doign that?

Comment

We played three or four shows prior to getting the Black Lotus deal, and a couple more between the time the album was recorded and released, all as a four-piece. We also released a demo in 2003, three compilations in 2004, and were in an online MP3 battle of the bands.

As far as getting signed, it was a matter of sending out demo CDs to anyone who'd take them, be it labels or webzines or just people who wrote asking for them. We got some airplay in Europe, South America and Australia, so by the time BLR had heard of us, we'd gone about as far as we could without a proper album.
              sigpic

Comment

awesome, congrats. I'm gonna pick up yoru CD along with a few others next week. OPETH! included. booyah.

Comment

I will be picking Zone's disc for dure...I really liked what I heard so far..

their style totally up my alley...

I have about a hundred friggin' bands...at least on that Black Lotus label...soon to have another one..

Good job man...very nice work... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks guys. I made sure to get the JCF in the thank-you section, and some of the gear I recorded with came to me by way of forum members over the years. I can't begin to quantify all the good advice and encouragement I've received here.

I wish the production had done the songs justice, but a huge misunderstanding that many people have is that a record deal means instant financial backing, which isn't the case. They handled manufacturing, distribution and promotion - which is huge - but also oversaw a mastering job that I wish we'd handled ourselves. My brother and I covered the studio costs, including many hours of ill-advised remixing that the label insisted on...but some mistakes have to be chalked up to "experience". That's what first albums are for.

To everyone who buys the album, send me a PM telling me where you bought it, along with your mailing address.
                    sigpic

Comment

so will black lotus being doing your future albums? or was it a 1 record thing?

I would say the drums are little overpowering in the mix on this Zealot song. Good song though!

Comment

We are signed to BLR for two albums, with the option for a third if we want. The next album(s) will be financed by the label, and we already have some improvements in mind, regardless of money. I have a lot of material written already, and would like to be back in the studio next spring.

The drums ended up "out in front" too much I think. We experimented with some panning on drums and guitars that I don't think I would do again.
                        sigpic

Comment

Got my CD yesterday. Awesome stuff. I really like Six Feet Under Eden, Zealot, and The Savage Circle so far...going to load those in my iPod for sure!! Great piece of work. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

mIne's in the mail. I bought a solefald CD as well...as somethign else. I"Ll remember when it gets here.

ordered from theendrecords.com free shipping owns.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support!

FYI, we are participating in a contest with Space Junkies Magazine, and the winner will win a promo copy of the album (complete with absurd label "marketing" notes), all of the compilations we've appeared on, and the out-of-print 2003 demo. Go to www.spacejunkies.net and click the Contests link. They ran a review of the album, and did an interview with yours truly.

It ends soon, so hurry if you want to get in on the drawing...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X