Scott Ian Defected From Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Ian Defected From Jackson?

I found on eBay a brand new Scott Ian guitar made by WASHBURN?? Can a artist endorse 2 guitar companies at the same time? I noticed on the Washburn site if you click on his artist series guitar in goes nowhere. Corporate games? I wonder. Ian trying to profit from both companies? Weird?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/WASHBURN-USA-SCOTT-I...1QQcmdZViewItem
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Re: Scott Ian Defected From Jackson?

Scott jetted late last year or early this year. He is out at Jackson.

Comment

I just want to say that that is a absolutely hideous paint job, and the little Scott's running around on it will not save it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I just want to say that that is a absolutely hideous paint job, and the little Scott's running around on it will not save it.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shudders* Ewww....

Agreed. That paint job makes me hurt.

Comment

Since scott stopped playing his soloists, I haven't seen him with a guitar which I've wanted - the HRF and Matrix JJs were OK, but not a patch on the POT and NOT soloists...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

True story: Saw Scott Ian in So. Cal about 6 months ago shopping at Whole Foods with his girlfriend at the time, (Meatloaf's daughter). He was shopping for healthy food like I was. I was wearing a shirt with an indian chief head on the front as we passed in one of the aisles. Short dude with long chin hair. I tried not to burst out laughing as the Anthrax song "Indians" played in my head. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The entertainment business is just that - a business. If someone is paying you good $$$ and giving you free stuff to lend your "brand" to, that's just a good solid business decision. Long as the guitar can handle touring abuse and deliever the right sound, everybody's happy.

Personally, I don't like anything strictly based on who is using the item. Maybee I should have asked him to donate his Jacksons when he jumped ship.

Comment

That thing is absolutely hideous.

Comment

I think it's a pretty cool guitar. Nobody can here can tell me it looks as bad as the camo job on the Christian Olde Jackson.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

are those little scotts or actual size? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  He kind of filled in dimes spot at washburn, and the dime-o-flage finish promotes their connection imo

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nobody can here can tell me it looks as bad as the camo job on the Christian Olde Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Camo on the COW is a lot worse than this one.

This Washburn isn't so bad. I'm not running out to get one myself, but it's ok. I bet it plays and sounds pretty good.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

That guitar doesnt do anything for me.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

One word - NOT! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks like a bad mutation of an SG.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Nobody can here can tell me it looks as bad as the camo job on the Christian Olde Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Camo on the COW is a lot worse than this one.

This Washburn isn't so bad. I'm not running out to get one myself, but it's ok. I bet it plays and sounds pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I agree! I like this guitar. The COW camo just looks... G-A-Y. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X