Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Aldrich live solo

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...C1CR6B1HRQGMWR

great intensive and melodic Gary Moore/John Sykes type of playing, great feel and nice "singing" vibrato too.

Nov. 2004 w/Whitesnake, LP goldtop.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Doug Aldrich live solo

Why Doug was never bigger thru the years still amazes me. He smokes 99% of the guys that made it bigger. Always has a great sound, very melodic, and spot on live.

Comment

Definitely a strong player. Saw him with Dio and thought he was great. Just hated him playing Stevie Ray solo passages during a Metal Show, that was just dumbass, but he definitely is a major heavy in the guitar world.

Comment

I've been a big Doug Aldrich fan since his days with Lion and Hurricane. But I agree, it was a little lame seeing him play blues stuff at a Dio show. Otherwise, I'd say he was the best guitarist I've seen with Dio. I love his signature Jackson too.

Comment

great guitar player. ive seen him with both dio and whitesnake. he also played guitar on the House of Lords 'Sahara' album

Comment

insane. he. is. amazing.

Comment

Hurricane / Lion / house of lords...that's OLD!!!

The last House of Lords "Sara" sucked ..the only cool HOL is demons down ..IMO

does anyone here have his "altar ego" SOLO cd [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]...or his not one but TWO Burning Rain cd's...??? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

anyone....yes ....no.....maybe.....could be... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

THAT's DOUG ALDRICH!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NO...well WTF are your still reading this for....go get them...NOW! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Also guys, he played on the Hurricane "Slave To The Thrill" record, and has 3 records as Bad Moon Rising.

Comment

you haven't heard Doug until you hear his solo cd and those two burning Rain cds..

besides...Dio [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yes, Doug was a totally different player after Bad Moon Rising. I've got some Burning Rain and his solo stuff, but I still like his playing better before Burning Rain. It's kinda like he pulled a Viv Campbell and completely changed his style because his old style wasn't cool anymore. But unlike Campbell, he still kicks ass. Just in a different way...

Comment

I saw him live with Dio as well and thought he was pretty lame. In addition to the SRV thing he threw in other players stuff as well during his solo including Jeff Beck, It was like a solo you'd hear from a guy in a cover band. Other than that I don't know shit about the guy.
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

how about watching the video I posted here if you only saw him playing "cover band solos".

anyway I like Doug's old stuff with Lion etc. he improves all the time. tmmsjm, Doug has returned back to his old style because he has to play John Sykes solos but he is a lot better than he used to be.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I would but I only having dial up living in the country and downloading video takes f-ing forever!
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

no sweat, if you have the chance then check out his work with Lion or his newer stuff with Burning Rain or his solo work ohh and the new Whitesnake DVD is coming out soon.

Comment

I can't wait to see the new Whitesnake DVD. I think Aldrich fits Whitesnake better than Dio. But what I'd really like to see is Sykes back with Whitesnake!

Comment

Working...
                              X