Doug Aldrich live solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doug Aldrich live solo

^ what he said...yes much better fit with Whitesnake for sure!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Doug Aldrich is an awesome player .
      Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I've seen Dio with Aldrich and Craig Goldie. Although Aldrich is probaby a better player, Goldie smoked him on the Dio stuff and was a MUCH better fit in the band.

That video here of him sounds (and looks) very Randy Rhodes-ish to me in many parts... Interesting.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hurricane / Lion / house of lords...that's OLD!!!

The last House of Lords "Sara" sucked ..the only cool HOL is demons down ..IMO

does anyone here have his "altar ego" SOLO cd [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]...or his not one but TWO Burning Rain cd's...??? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

anyone....yes ....no.....maybe.....could be... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

THAT's DOUG ALDRICH!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NO...well WTF are your still reading this for....go get them...NOW! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got them all bro! Ive been a fan of his for a long long time.I dig the Bad Moon Rising stuff the most but my fav song of his is from burning rain called "Stone cold and crazy" which has the some of the coolest riffs before the solo and after.

You could tell Dio was pissed to lose him..who wouldnt be?

Coverdale will do a cd with him soon.I think he said he spent the down time w/whitesnake to finish up a new Burning raIN CD.

In the live dio dvd and cd, dougs solo is smokin and he didnt do the SRV thing, more of a Yngwie type middle spot.

Comment

i've seen him with both dio and coverdale. he smoked in both! i liked his versions of viv's solo's better than viv's versions. and i like his sound and solo's better than craig's. doug has one of the best guitar tones and is, to me, a cross between sykes and rhoads.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Thanks for posting that. I've never heard him play before this, but it sounds like he's pretty good. The audio was a little muddy though.

The end part sounded like "Sunset" from Gary Moore.

Comment

file expired [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

His tone is pure Marc Cameron modded Marshalls. I just got the 1st burning rain cd about 3 days ago. If you dont have it GET IT. I have been a fan of dougs for years. One of the best players out there.

Comment

He does alot of work with Ian Mayo who I went to High School with. Doug is a great player...very capable & underated pro. You can hear clips of his stuff on his site or samples from Amazon. BMR,Burning Rain have some kick ass writing & playing on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X