Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Johnson Bloom

This sums it up pretty good:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Eric Johnson Bloom

I sorta disagree. Eric's mellowing out in middle age, and you definitely have to be in the right mood to listen to Bloom, but there's some very good music on there if you're willing to hear it.

He's gone more for texture and depth on this album, as opposed to flashy playing. Don't get me wrong, though, I really do wish there was more flashy playing on Bloom. I put on Ah Via Musicom the other day for the first time in years, and I was blown away all over again by his playing on the song "High Landrons"--that's some fiery shit. "Cliffs of Dover" gets all the attention, but Landrons was always the killer track on that album for me. He's channeling Hendrix and McLaughlin simultaneously, with the most amazing double-flange effect thrown in. Bloom is lacking that "wow" factor, in comparison. But hey, people change.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      and I was blown away all over again by his playing on the song "High Landrons"--that's some fiery shit. "Cliffs of Dover" gets all the attention, but Landrons was always the killer track on that album for me. He's channeling Hendrix and McLaughlin simultaneously, with the most amazing double-flange effect thrown in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always loved the soloing on that song - it's so smooth, and so cool at the same time...
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I think the album has a good mix of styles of music. Not for everybody but varied just the same.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
        X