X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness??

Whatever happened to them?

Re: The Darkness??

the bass player quit, so now they're in between things right now. As the singer is doing his own solo album? not sure
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Who cares? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They were all over the place here a year or so ago, but Justin was real quick to disappear up his own arse, and the novelty 'RAWK' thing can only last so long....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The singer sounded like King Diamond on crack! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I liked The Darkness, a lot. I don't care if it was a gimmick or not, there was rock on the radio and on MTV for a change.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, Permission to Land was a fun album. It was great to hear guitar solos on the radio again. I hope to hear from them again.

Comment

Yeah, I thought they were fun too. It was a major blast of fresh air to hear them on the radio amongst all the other Mesa-muddy furiously strumming screaming/whining shit that comprises todays rock scene.

Comment

I read in a magazine they should be bringing out another album around christmas time and the bass player has been replaced with one of the guitarists' techs.

Comment

They "rocked" yes..but that voice...

gave my PP .."shrinkage"

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw them live (frontrow in front of 80.000 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) and they ROCK HARD live as well. The costumes really rocked too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I remember hearing something about Mutt Lange agreeing to do some work for the second album. Don´t know if that ended up happening, though.

Comment

I'm with Bill..,the music rocked, but that guys voice just destroyed it for me. They should have changed thing called love to kicked in nuts.

Comment

I loved the music, but Justin needs to bring that voice down a couple of octaves. He can sing ok, but he does that falsetto voice and it makes me cringe.

Comment

Justin just released a single under the name "British Whale" (I think) - a cover of Sparks' "This town ain't big enough for the both of us". Sparks are in the video, which I thought was pretty cool. No solo, but ok - the original was falsetto too, so not much changed there, but the guitar's a bit more "rocky".
                            Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Yeah, I thought they were fun too. It was a major blast of fresh air to hear them on the radio amongst all the other Mesa-muddy furiously strumming screaming/whining shit that comprises todays rock scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you say that considering justin started out using a mesa dual rec and then switched over to a roadking head which he still uses, but i know what you mean chuck.

I like Justin's voice just the way it is, i think he makes the band because it gives them there own sense of style.

Comment

Working...
                              X