Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastodon live pics

I love this band. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Brent(the guy who plays Gibson Vs) had a '70s factory Silverbust Flying V at some point and got it stolen on a tour. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now that they are getting some attention they deserve I see he had the chance to replace it with a Gibson Flying V Custom in Silverburst, which I am assuming he got through their Gibson endorsement. I love Silverburst Vs, sadly this is the best shot I have of it:

Does anyone else have more Mastodon live pics where this Silverburst V is visible? I would really appreciate it.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Mastodon live pics

Mastodon were pretty good when I saw them live.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Wow, I've never seen a Flying V Custom before. That is pretty sweet looking.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Wow, I've never seen a Flying V Custom before. That is pretty sweet looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
        Cool pic. I like the guitar.

Comment

More pics!!!

Nice Rhoads tribute from the skinsman too!

Silverburst Flying V Custom with all Silver hardware. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Sadly they only have white and faded cherry in production... I asked every Gibson dealer I know if it is possible to get though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I got some pictures...but I was back by the soundboard. So you its a littl ehard to see guitar details. I"ll ppost them when I get a chance.

MASTODON IS AN AMAZING LIVE BAND!!!!!

Comment

I just saw them open for Iron Maiden in Denver and I thought they blew live. Terrible guitar tones that got lost in the mix. Perhaps the soundman's fault but unimpressive none the less.

Comment

fuck the custom V, that drum set KICKS ASS!!! that is the coolest schtick from a drummer i've ever seen. (usually drummers resent guitarist cause most of them want to be out front) but this guys rules!

maiden's sound IS bad now. it wasn't the sound guy. they have joined the legions of over bass heavy guitar sound that mudds up even more with the (improperly done) triple axe attack. - don't get me wrong, i'm still a maiden worshipper, but they should let me produce them so the 3 guitars get done right. (one man should stick to the rythm damnit.) and yanick, quit playing adrians solos! i know you've been playing them for years. but he wrote them, not you.and he's back now so play the god damn rythms with dave!
                and when you play Revalation one of you needs to be playing the rythm (off the album) with steve during the harmony part after the breaks!

sorry for the hijacking.
                ~jw
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  fuck the custom V, that drum set KICKS ASS!!! that is the coolest schtick from a drummer i've ever seen. (usually drummers resent guitarist cause most of them want to be out front) but this guys rules!

[/ QUOTE ]
                  He is also a great drummer with a very unique style. I strongly recommend checking the albums Remission and Leviathan out if you didn't already. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I just saw them open for Iron Maiden in Denver and I thought they blew live. Terrible guitar tones that got lost in the mix. Perhaps the soundman's fault but unimpressive none the less.

[/ QUOTE ]

well we can't really debate your opinion regardless that its complete shit.

Mastodon is awesome...in the vein of Opeth awesome.

Comment

When I saw Mastadon on Ozzfest, I thought they were one of the best mixed bands on the second stage. That doesn't change the fact that I'm totally underwhelmed by this band. They have one of the most creative and unique drummers I have ever heard, but the guy has an annoying voice and the repetitive music just gets on my nerves. Sorry, not for me.

Comment

I have to get me one of those, that is one of the only Gibsons that I like.

Andy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          well we can't really debate your opinion regardless that its complete shit

[/ QUOTE ]
                          A little cranky aren't we? I'm hardly alone in my opinion as they were booed heavily. And I gave them the benefit of the doubt and said the soundman could be to blame. Time to grow up.

Comment

Working...
                          X