Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the deal with coheed and cambria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the deal with coheed and cambria?

i've never heard anything by them but they're appearing in all the guitar mags. any thoughts?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: what\'s the deal with coheed and cambria?

[ QUOTE ]
    i've never heard anything by them but they're appearing in all the guitar mags. any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think justin from the darkness has a high voice, wait till hear his, very high.

Comment

for what its worth, i think they're great. if you like forward thinking and ambitious songwriting, you'll like them. they're not scared of throwing in some massive hooks, either. guitarwise, neither of them are phenomenal players in terms of technique, but together they have a very cool thing going on thats really hard to compare to anything else. they have 2 previous records, with a new one on the way. if you were to pick one up, either one is very good listening.

Comment

yeah they're way into prog, and he's the closest thing today to Geddy Lee's voice.

Comment

I like their new song, check em out.

Comment

I've heard a few of their songs before... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are not my cup of tea..but to each thier own.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                They are not my cup of tea..but to each thier own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that

Comment

would I think they're ...GAY.?
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    would I think they're ...GAY.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probaly would, they are kinda of a mix between emo and prog, except most of the songs are not sappy heart break songs, usually just weird, you can check out there lyrics here. http://www.lyricsondemand.com/c/coheedandcambrialyrics/ There guitar tone is not bad and hard to explain there style, but the singer sings like he just got kicked in the balls. Overall i like them, they are a change, however i am not sure if you would like them.

Comment

OK I don't think I would be into them..

what about The Mars Volta..I even seen Vai mention these guys.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Mars Volta is weird trippy stuff Bill, definitely not metal. I used to really like Coheed until I saw them live. You see it was at Warped Tour one year, and they were setting up on one of the big stages while Tiger Army was playing at the other. Me being really into Coheed at the time was waiting in front of Coheed's stage, but I could still see Tiger Army playing. Well, all I could think about after Coheed got done playing was how much I wished I was watching Tiger Army at their stage, because they kicked ass and Coheed sucked!! So I think they're probably more of a studio band.

Comment

I got the Mars Volta disc - it's very cool. Not metal but still has some agression about it. They aren't guitar virtuoso's but there is a lot of guitar on the album and some neat stuff with effects. Sort of hard to describe.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Mars Volta is pretty cool, post-psychdelic rock maybe?
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Is Marsa Volta long the lines Of Ozrec Tentacles..I may like them..I dig some OT stuff..ummmm lots of THC inspiration... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks Box..I gotcha..BTW how da band going..good I hope. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X