Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the deal with coheed and cambria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what\'s the deal with coheed and cambria?

I heard a song of theirs the other day. It sounded ALOT like a modern day Led Zepplin would write.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Coheed are defintely odd, and hard to pin to a music type. The songs I have heard on Sirius are cool and have some nice guitar in them.

Comment

i'll post a wonderful review of Mars Volta when I get home from work. (t-minus 20 minutes)

Comment

Tiger Army!!!

Comment

My wife likes them. But I didn't know that was a guy singing...I thought it was a chick!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Mars Volta is weird trippy stuff Bill, definitely not metal. I used to really like Coheed until I saw them live. You see it was at Warped Tour one year, and they were setting up on one of the big stages while Tiger Army was playing at the other. Me being really into Coheed at the time was waiting in front of Coheed's stage, but I could still see Tiger Army playing. Well, all I could think about after Coheed got done playing was how much I wished I was watching Tiger Army at their stage, because they kicked ass and Coheed sucked!! So I think they're probably more of a studio band.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i saw them at warped they were really good, unless you are talking about there stage presense, you have to remember that the sound on warped tour can either be great or crappy, just the way warped tour is.

Comment

No trust me, I know all about how bad the sound at Warped Tour can be...my band had the worst stage for sound when we played Warped Tour this year. They played bad and just kinda stood there except for Claudio, very boring to watch and not very tight. The story of the 2004 Warped Tour was the Bouncing Souls and Tiger Army for me.

Comment

Tiger Army would be cool except for the annoying clackity-clackity from the bass player.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

a lot of psycho-billy and such bands with uprights kinda have that clackity sound. Like Nekromantix and Horrorpops. but yeah, Tiger Army's bassist really rattles that thing, he sounds like another percussionist at times.

tiger army's awesome.

Comment

i think if you get at the drive in's last album, mars volta's 1st album and sparta's firt album, you've basically got all the best stuff of those bands, who are really basically all the same band.

Comment

Steve Harris does the clattity clack thingy..

but that's maiden.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Steve Harris does thumpity thump and whackity whack. That's totally different. The bass player in Tiger Army sounds like he's hitting his bass with a fly swatter.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

oh...well Tony Levin wears drumsticks on his fingers..

I don't why he wears drumsticks on his fingers..

probably because he's Tony Levin..

he just has to be .."different"... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I like Tony Levin..he changed my life when I saw him with a chapman stick back in 82..I never played the bass the same again since..thanks Tony!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think I would like this Cooheed and Cambria..I saw their pics in a GW while I was on the pooper..it did not help me poop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think it would have the opposite effect, actually. They are so bad my butt clenches up.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

"They are so bad my butt clenches up."

That's exactly what happened to me ...and I just saw a picture of them...that is the reaction my colon had when I saw Jesus "Head" Christ and that dweeb from that band ummmmmm....hmmmm...you know ..ahhhhhhhhhhhh...ohhhhhhhh...shit....system of a down...not rippin' on the band really...just him...he looks gay... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and when something looks "gay" when I'm on the pooper..my butt does not respond properly..

that is why Car magazines are cool reading material in the john..I can poop with the best of them ...even while reading about the performance of a Ford Probe.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X