Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the deal with coheed and cambria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what\'s the deal with coheed and cambria?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    That must really suck..because I don't know what that is..but I WILL take your word Drip..

just the way you wrote that I can see your joy for that little ditty.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That whole scene just got big for the moment..it won't last forever..but I said the same thing about rap metal..but it won't go away..it still wants to linger..but its slowly dying...a thousand deaths. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I got the new Opeth on..it's the fourth rotation now..now THAT is fucking music!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wherent you the one that had a thread on dont be prejudice in metal? Rap metal may not be your style but it is metal, you can call it bubble gum if you want, but it started underground and was eventually embracced by the public. Yeah like any genre you have the copy cats, but the originals were good. By the way one of the originators of rap metal would probaly kick the shit out of most people on this board, so if anyone of you want to go fuck with biohazard go ahead!

So i dont make fun of your music, i dont care for it, but at the same time i dont thrash it, so like in your post on prejudice in metal, DONT BE! And as i dont really listen to rap metal anymore i still like a song hear or there and enjoy listening to some of the old music.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    emo..isn't that scream and whine BS..

like ..

for soooooolace.......for coooooooomfort..

that kinda Buuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

still better than rap "metal".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

for true nauseating emo refer to Hawthorne Heights, commence vomitting.

CUZ MY HEART IS IN OOHHHHIIIOOOOOOOOOOO. oh god...they suck so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like emo but i am mostly into screamo and harthorne heights are considered screamo and not emo, i like harthorne heights and the way the three guitarist work together is great, and the fact that they sound wicked with very little distortion kicks ass and there arangements are alot more difficult then most metal bands, but at the same time i am not big on his voice but i sure as hell like it alot better then most metal out there.

Oh by the way most music is EMO, EMO= emotional and rage,hatred etc.. are considered a emotion!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can like whatever you want. but don't confuse the FAD that is EMO with true emotional music. EMO = POSER.

Most every fag wearing chick pants and acting marose and depressed is full of shit.

Emotion in music and the EMO trend are 2 seperate entities. Emotion in music has always been here..since the renaissance. EMO is a lame trendy fashion.

Comment

ah thanks Steve...there is always one or two on this board that alway follow ne around and bust my balls..it's par for the course...for now on I will blatantly embarrass them or ignore the stupidity ..maybe then they will learn to either ignore me or get burned...i'd rather be left alone by them..but they insist be a gnawing flea on my ass.. pettyness is the by product of jealousy..

I posted this on the Trivium thread..because THIS is where I am coming from..

>>I worship the originators / purveyors of any True metal style..and whenever something gets popular in the States as we all know it gets dummied down into a cookie cutter mush..Thus a trend is borne..and all trends suck..!

There some metal core bands that I do like..Lamb Of God is TIGHT..Himsa is another..Byzantine is another..there are alway originators and exceptions to the rule.

But why listen to watered down , sub standard abortions of who just copy the flavor of the month.. those who just jump on trend bandwagons...

when I can mention thousands of AWESOME metal bands and players that would take you and me a lifteme to hear.?

Bottom line here guys..Life is too short for nothing but the highest calibre of metal and guitar shredders..why waste that time on the sound-a-like bottom feeders..

I have enough GREAT metal at my house that I do NOT have time to listen to if I live to be 100..and I am fully retired..I get paid well to sit around and listen to this stuff 24-7-365 and share it with you guys..may I add I spend fortunes on this stuff..and I get a few boners as well as killer stuff .

I want to share my Joy and disconet of all bands both awesome and SHIT..

If I don't want my friends here wasting hard earned money on buying a "crap" CD when it could to support the REAL DEALS..and you appreciate it much more..so eveyone wins.

would you rather buy awesome weed or lame weed at the same price..I'd rather go with awesome!

so I do this not to insult (even tho i will) I do this to enlighten others that may not know these bands...

I judge because I know all the players in the game..so I have earned the right to judge on all bands on this educated basis.

I also know a few here are VERY Metal savy..and those folks are always on the same page with me..always!

**it's always the clueless ones that only know what they are spoon fed that give me an assache on this subject..I ignore them or easily berade them..for the are not on my level therfore won't waste my time debating**

I want you to stop wastimg money on crap like this cookie cutter dribble and spend your $$$ wisely..may as well get the best bang for the buck..especially a time when everyone is broke and unemployed.

BTW..some of you have returned the favor and have turned me onto some new faves of mine as well..that's what I'm talkin' about!!

and YOU have NO clue how much I apperciate that!!

There is some guys here if they say a metal band is aweosme I KNOW TO TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT (you know who you are) ..if they say they SUCK I take their word for it..because we are "IN THE KNOW"..and have establshed myself here on that matter 1000 times over.

I have nothing to proove , but I have MUCH to share!

Stay Heavy , Stay True..my metal brothers and sisters!!!

Bill Z fuckin' Bub [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Drip ..you are correct sir..

but at least suburban kids have something they can relate to (no matter how gay) ..I think it is the lesser of the evils..at least now I can understand them when they speak...without a translator..

and Drip is one that I respect and trust his judgement on metal..along with a couple others too..and I appreciate this shared knowledge.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah emo stands for emotional hardcore as far as I know... WTF does that mean anyways? Real Hardcore IS all about emotion(anger, hate, passion etc.) anyway, do you have to dress like fags to be emotional? WTF?!!

Comment

the vast majority of the players that made jackson/charvel famous dressed like so-called fags.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              the vast majority of the players that made jackson/charvel famous dressed like so-called fags.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Exactly, let's not go back to the '80s. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                yes I do Big E!

Tell me, is this better..

I think so. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yes, this is awsone, I love when stuff is coming out of the left field [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"I love when stuff is coming out of the left field"

Ohh THAT I can do.. well I am from the "left" hand path.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah , going back to the 80's was excatly what I was thinking a year ago..when I started to see all these new kids jumping on the this metal , emo "Core" bandwagon..

Of course you will always have those good bands that made it popular who were original and very talanted..like Lamb of God and etc.

Head bangers ball came back and kids worship them and can barely play and now want to act and dress like they're in the band...hey I realy don't mind that..Like I said , at least there is more that one type of music that everyone can indentify with now..

The entire 90's (wel fro 93 -2002) really..Rap and Rap "Metal" was it..I work in the ghetto during the entire 90's and well..they have their own lingo and that's fine..because this is their culture and who they are ..not a problem with me..none what so ever..and rap music is their escape and a product of that...and that's cool.

But then I visit my friends in the upper most suburbs..rich fuckers..and these kids have moms who are pharicists and dads that are doctors and go to suburban public schools.. their kids act , talk , just like they're from the ghetto..same mannerisns , attitude..everything..they fuck up in school and act disrespectful..the parents can't understand them...But I can..because I know the ebonic slang from work.

Now wearing Slayer or Maiden shirt is cool again..and now everyone can understand them again.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

if this kid went to school with a Iron Maiden shirt on 4 or 5 years ago..he'd get his ass tormented by the ICP kids..and or whatever..

so now..everybody has something to listen to..not just one market for one brainwashed , spoon fed customer.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I never like Rap music because it wasn't written with ME in mind..so I can't relate to it..I'm NOT supposed to like it..That's not "racist"..that's just a fact...I'm a cop..there is not a lot of "cop loving" Rap music.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Not many minorities like country music or Metal..that's totally understandable..they can't relate to it..that's not a problem..nor is it racist.

John and i have a few black friends that are totaly into metal..but we knew these guys for 20 years..they always loved metal and played guitar and stuff..its who they are.. again not a problem..

My problem is those who act or pretend they're something they are NOT to fit in or whatever .."a "poser"..to me that's a problem..and I tell them immediately everytime.

For example..I'm at the car show wiping down my ride..two white kids approach me and say ..yo dawg dat shit is tight yo and they just go on and on..with are the mannerisms and BS. I look at them and go .."whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!"..then they repeat themselves acting like retards..I go "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat..dudes speak fuckin' english"....they dropped the BS immediately..and go.."your car is very nice"..I respond.."Cool, thank you very much"..then we talk..and to me ..that's "keeping it real"..

If two black kids came up and said that..No prob..I would talk to them..I wouldn't talk to them in their slang to fit in..That would be stupid..they understand english..I would look like and feel like a total phony asshole ..talking back to them in their lingo..so we had a great conversation...with no hung ups..nice kids.

That is why I say that this emo / screamo crap is better Nu or Rap metal..it gives white kids something to relate to..not to be pressured or worried about acting like something they are not to fit in at school , to be cool or whatever..that's horrible.

In the ENTIRE 90's everything on TV was hip hop / Rap oriented..Commercials , movies , TV shows..Talking heads in the news was talking in ebonics..it became so common place..it got to be ridiculous.

Now we have Rock commercials..and Rap commercials..that's fine ..something for everyone..

5 years ago you'd NEVER seen a Burger King commercial doing "Bang your head" with stage diving and some Gwar lookin band playin'..for example..

Do you recall even hearing "rock" or "guitar" on TV during the 90's...or seing any shredder on the cover of GW..besides the old standards..Wes Borland , Tom Morello and al their aborted off springs..I cancelled my subscription..I couldn't take it no more..I could smoke who ever was on that cover.. I missed seeing my hereos on the cover..now they are back on the cover..Jeff Loomis WILL be on that cover..mark my words!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Now in the inner cities and burbs...if your white..It's ok to act white or be yourself ..without getting picked on or your ass kicked.

That Avril Lavine thread was stupid..calling her a "poser"..would it be more familar or better if she did R & B and talked like she from from the hood..even if she is pretencios ..at least for the love of FUCK..she's keeping it alot more real..than Fred Fuckin' Durst...who I heard on the Stern show and they guy dropped the phony BS and talked as "white" as I do...so ther ya go.

Bottom line I'd rather see white kids..have something to call their own ..like I did when I was their age..I had Sabbath , Kiss , Preist , Maiden , Van Halen , Ac/dc..you know...not these poor kids..all they had was Rap...and if you went to a public school in Cleveland your kid would come home sounding like freakin' Emenem..and HE was a product of inner city schools..if you can't beat 'em join them..and well that dweeb could beat shit..

My kid goes to a expensive private school..he's an honor student and is not pressured or bullied at all..he can like what he wants..and be who he is...and just concentrate on school work and not worried about wearing $200 baskeball shoes and apparel..and getting his ass kicked because he doesn't "fit in".

so next time you want to slam this gay Emo crap..take into consideration it could be worse..this could be the 90's all over again.

The 90's don't make the 80's look that bad IMO.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and if anyone percieves this as a "racist" outlook...then you're an freakin' idiot...and I don't have time nor tolerance for idiots.

Rant over... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z bub..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Rant over... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How come I don't believe that... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

well that one is..there are "logical" reasons why I say or slam stuff..

I don't slam stuff just to be a dick..well sometimes I do.

being a dick if fun sometimes.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree that you shouldn't be somone who you aren't, but blues, jazz, rock'n'roll and all that came from black people, but then again those white people who took it over and developed those music styles furhter didn't act like morons.

That being said...

randomness is cool [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I don't slam stuff just to be a dick..well sometimes I do.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Though, you do slam things with your dick... like that vase your mom had. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Don't ask me why I just thought of that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Don't ask me why I just thought of that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

I know you are, but what am I? Haha.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yes yes..all your are correct Sirs..

the Blues guys kicked ass , Little Richard , and Chuck Berry kicked ass along with all their 50's rock N roll peers..

Elvis was the first wigger...no just kidding ..he was the KING..Elvis RULED!!!

I did'nt like the Beatles tho (my wife loves 'em)...they were gay to me..I wanna hold your pud..Love me do..that's not Rock N Roll..they were the first Boy Band or somethin' all the gilrlies like him..not like The Stones..they were Rock N' Roll to me..

The Beatles later on did some cool shit..that song She's so heavy rocks!

Elvis was rock N' roll..Sex , Drugs and Rock N Roll.. he lived by the sword and died by the sword..on the toilet with a Jelly donut..with class and dignity..that's how I wanna go.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X