Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the deal with coheed and cambria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what\'s the deal with coheed and cambria?

Pee Wee Herman is fuckin' Rock N' Roll..loosing your carrer..because you were caught beating your pud at the X Rated Movie theatre..I mean isn't that allowed in there..what else are you supposed to do in a XXX Rated movie theatre..

That's was a set up..a lame set up!!!

Pee Wee's Play House was awesome..Pee Wee's big Adventure...awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Enough time has passed..bring back the Pee Wee...he's sorry! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OH Joe..My Pud..makes a good Billy Z club..I beat the wife with it..it brings us joy..now that's Rock N' Roll..

or as Loudness says ..Wock N' Woll cwazy Nights.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i picked up their new album tuesday, and now that i've had a few days with it, i love it. i mean, i figured i would, but it surpassed my expectations. anyone else pick this up?? thoughts?? Claudio's tone is so killer, it actually makes me want to shell for a Bogner Uberschall. but i wont, because they're fuckin' expensive.

Comment

I see that they play Ubers..sounds kinda "tame" for Uber tho..

Probably don't have the gain DIMED! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Elvis was a poser who used other people materials.

The beatles wrote their own very creative material.

They both made millions..

I can't stand either...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              i picked up their new album tuesday, and now that i've had a few days with it, i love it. i mean, i figured i would, but it surpassed my expectations. anyone else pick this up?? thoughts?? Claudio's tone is so killer, it actually makes me want to shell for a Bogner Uberschall. but i wont, because they're fuckin' expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were endorsed by mesa and that is what they used on the last tour, i havent checked the new album yet or researched, how do you know they are using ubers?

Comment

It said it in their interview in Guitar World..

Very "Tame" for Ubers if that's what they recorded with..

Comment

yeah, mostly tame. there are little flashes of "uberness" here and there, but mostly tame. although i'll bet that live its a different story. when he used Mesa's, the singers live tone was Triple Rec all the way. so maybe they get a little gain happy with the Ubers live.

Comment

sorry for the thread revival, but I just saw a C&C video on TV called Welcome Home and I really liked it..had a kinda of old-school Faith No More meets Thin Lizzy vibe to it..I liked the trading solos and song-writing!
                    so I headed over here to the 'ole JCF and did a search.
                    and damn Bill... what you wrote in this post sums up a LOT of my feelings... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I'm definitely on the same page as you on this one bro..damn.

[ QUOTE ]
                    "I love when stuff is coming out of the left field"

Ohh THAT I can do.. well I am from the "left" hand path.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah , going back to the 80's was excatly what I was thinking a year ago..when I started to see all these new kids jumping on the this metal , emo "Core" bandwagon..

Of course you will always have those good bands that made it popular who were original and very talanted..like Lamb of God and etc.

Head bangers ball came back and kids worship them and can barely play and now want to act and dress like they're in the band...hey I realy don't mind that..Like I said , at least there is more that one type of music that everyone can indentify with now..

The entire 90's (wel fro 93 -2002) really..Rap and Rap "Metal" was it..I work in the ghetto during the entire 90's and well..they have their own lingo and that's fine..because this is their culture and who they are ..not a problem with me..none what so ever..and rap music is their escape and a product of that...and that's cool.

But then I visit my friends in the upper most suburbs..rich fuckers..and these kids have moms who are pharicists and dads that are doctors and go to suburban public schools.. their kids act , talk , just like they're from the ghetto..same mannerisns , attitude..everything..they fuck up in school and act disrespectful..the parents can't understand them...But I can..because I know the ebonic slang from work.

Now wearing Slayer or Maiden shirt is cool again..and now everyone can understand them again.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

if this kid went to school with a Iron Maiden shirt on 4 or 5 years ago..he'd get his ass tormented by the ICP kids..and or whatever..

so now..everybody has something to listen to..not just one market for one brainwashed , spoon fed customer.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I never like Rap music because it wasn't written with ME in mind..so I can't relate to it..I'm NOT supposed to like it..That's not "racist"..that's just a fact...I'm a cop..there is not a lot of "cop loving" Rap music.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Not many minorities like country music or Metal..that's totally understandable..they can't relate to it..that's not a problem..nor is it racist.

John and i have a few black friends that are totaly into metal..but we knew these guys for 20 years..they always loved metal and played guitar and stuff..its who they are.. again not a problem..

My problem is those who act or pretend they're something they are NOT to fit in or whatever .."a "poser"..to me that's a problem..and I tell them immediately everytime.

For example..I'm at the car show wiping down my ride..two white kids approach me and say ..yo dawg dat shit is tight yo and they just go on and on..with are the mannerisms and BS. I look at them and go .."whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!"..then they repeat themselves acting like retards..I go "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat..dudes speak fuckin' english"....they dropped the BS immediately..and go.."your car is very nice"..I respond.."Cool, thank you very much"..then we talk..and to me ..that's "keeping it real"..

If two black kids came up and said that..No prob..I would talk to them..I wouldn't talk to them in their slang to fit in..That would be stupid..they understand english..I would look like and feel like a total phony asshole ..talking back to them in their lingo..so we had a great conversation...with no hung ups..nice kids.

That is why I say that this emo / screamo crap is better Nu or Rap metal..it gives white kids something to relate to..not to be pressured or worried about acting like something they are not to fit in at school , to be cool or whatever..that's horrible.

In the ENTIRE 90's everything on TV was hip hop / Rap oriented..Commercials , movies , TV shows..Talking heads in the news was talking in ebonics..it became so common place..it got to be ridiculous.

Now we have Rock commercials..and Rap commercials..that's fine ..something for everyone..

5 years ago you'd NEVER seen a Burger King commercial doing "Bang your head" with stage diving and some Gwar lookin band playin'..for example..

Do you recall even hearing "rock" or "guitar" on TV during the 90's...or seing any shredder on the cover of GW..besides the old standards..Wes Borland , Tom Morello and al their aborted off springs..I cancelled my subscription..I couldn't take it no more..I could smoke who ever was on that cover.. I missed seeing my hereos on the cover..now they are back on the cover..Jeff Loomis WILL be on that cover..mark my words!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Now in the inner cities and burbs...if your white..It's ok to act white or be yourself ..without getting picked on or your ass kicked.

That Avril Lavine thread was stupid..calling her a "poser"..would it be more familar or better if she did R & B and talked like she from from the hood..even if she is pretencios ..at least for the love of FUCK..she's keeping it alot more real..than Fred Fuckin' Durst...who I heard on the Stern show and they guy dropped the phony BS and talked as "white" as I do...so ther ya go.

Bottom line I'd rather see white kids..have something to call their own ..like I did when I was their age..I had Sabbath , Kiss , Preist , Maiden , Van Halen , Ac/dc..you know...not these poor kids..all they had was Rap...and if you went to a public school in Cleveland your kid would come home sounding like freakin' Emenem..and HE was a product of inner city schools..if you can't beat 'em join them..and well that dweeb could beat shit..

My kid goes to a expensive private school..he's an honor student and is not pressured or bullied at all..he can like what he wants..and be who he is...and just concentrate on school work and not worried about wearing $200 baskeball shoes and apparel..and getting his ass kicked because he doesn't "fit in".

so next time you want to slam this gay Emo crap..take into consideration it could be worse..this could be the 90's all over again.

The 90's don't make the 80's look that bad IMO.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and if anyone percieves this as a "racist" outlook...then you're an freakin' idiot...and I don't have time nor tolerance for idiots.

Rant over... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z bub..

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

• Re: what\'s the deal with coheed and cambria?

Oh hell dude..it just bare assed truth that nobody likes to say because its not PC or , kind or whatever...F all that.. truth isn't always pretty and awesome...sometimes truth is as ugly as a 68 year old toothless bar whore looking for a cock to gum on.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

you have a way with metaphors Bill, I gotta hand it to ya [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        those are just stupid people who misinterpret shit and then throw a fit over it...I hate it when people twist my words and make me look like something that I'm not...

damn you're up early btw [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Thanks sir. I learned something in my 41 years of hard life..There are two kinds of people. I got it narrowed down to Friends and Assholes!!

Friends are kick ass and they will always bring me joy...Assholes are petty , miserable bastards that can line up an kiss my balls...kiss 'em twice if you're lucky!

I have no use for assholes..and I definitely don't give a Rat's sack what an "asshole" thinks about me..

what do I care..if they call me a racist..fine...if they call me hatefull..cool...if they want to call me a rotten SOB...I'll look em in the eye and say .."yeah..what's your fuckin' point!"

end of discussion..they already have their minds made up about me..and I already knew they were an asshole before they opened up their fuckin' Pie hole....I'm already three steps ahead of them!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] well count me in on the friends list...I hope [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm one step ahead of you..I already did Bro!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, I'm really liking Coheed and Cambria. I've got three of their discs now. Very good stuff. No virtuosos but they can play. They can write and they can sing.

It's hard for me to categorize them. They definitely pay tribute to their influences. I hear a little of everything - Rush, Zeppelin, Sabbath, The Cars, and even some pop and folk influences.

They are not ultra heavy but they're also not light or syrupy sweet.

I think a good word to describe them would be clean. And I don't mean that in terms of tones - although Bill might think so [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. It's more that they aren't over douched with processing and shit. You can hear all the parts articulated well - the hi-hat, the distinct guitar parts, the vocals, the bass, etc. all come through. That's not to say they don't use effects or layering it's just that they don't seem to add anything more than what they have to for the song. And what they add is heard and it's relevant. I really like that.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X