Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the deal with coheed and cambria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what\'s the deal with coheed and cambria?

If King Diamond, Geddy Lee and Justin from The Darkness had an orgy... the singer of Coheed and Cambria would be their fucked up kid!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Really..is that right..

It took me over ten years to get over King's vocals because the guitars were SOOOOOO freakin' awesome..

are the guitars just as awesome in C & C ...NO???

Well OK then.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love Geddy and King's voice, really don't care for Justin's or this guy in C & C. I've not really paid much attention to them, but I've heard a few songs on the local college metal station here and I think I saw one of their videos once. The music didn't seem all that bad, maybe a little orchestral and operatic at times, but I really don't think it was anything that awesome. The singer is just annoying, IMO.

Comment

Judge for yourself. http://www.coheedandcambria.com/

Comment

Well now this is MUCH better than I expected..

I didn't really know they were a progressive "metal" band..

Hell..That song is pretty Queensryche-ish / Old Fates-ish with Geddy fronting..but not really as polished..

I can handle that..

It's not blowing me away...but it definitely doesn't "suck" at all..it's catchy stuff ..and the production is good!

the vox is the weakest link obviously..but i heard worse.

The cover art is cool too...I'll pick this up used eventually !!!

That tune gets the Bill Z Bub rating of..not bad! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Joseppi.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's exactly what I thought Bill. I listened to the samples on Amazon and I'm reading all these Zeppelin comparisons so I just ordered one of their CDs - Second Stage - should arrive on Monday.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

good choice. Second Stage Turbine Blade is my fave of the two, but they're both great. i cant wait till Sept. 20th when the new record comes out. that new single is the most 'metal' thing they've done!

Comment

Thanks for the link Joe, they are pretty cool, Queensryche + Trans Siberian Orchestra + weird vocals (mix of Helloween and melodic Nu-Metal and Matchbox 20)
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, they're not bad. That new tune I definitely like more than a few of the older tunes I've heard; though, I don't remember them that well. I just remember not really caring for the singer all that much and thinking he was annoying... he seems a little more tolerable to me on the new song for some reason. LOL

Comment

I'll pick this up in my travels..by their looks in the GW..I would have never known they were a "metal" band or whatever.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

can't judge a book by it's cover sometimes..and I'm usualy pretty good at that stuff.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Emo [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

tickle me emo..

what - R - U - try-ing - 2 - say..(sign languange)

SPEAK...newbie! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

wouldnt they have to write about real life stuff to call them emo??? i mean, they work the phrase "man your battle-stations" into a chorus. i detect little to no "angst" [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

emo..isn't that scream and whine BS..

like ..

for soooooolace.......for coooooooomfort..

that kinda Buuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

still better than rap "metal".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"I listened to Mushroomhead and all that bullshit. That's buuuullshit!"

Comment

Working...
                                X