Essential Ratt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Ratt?

All right, this was just one of those bands that I didn't get into the first time around. I was more into Yngwie, Vai, Satch, etc. at the time so I just didn't really give them a chance. So, let me know what I need to get and what I need to stay away from. I'm ready to add on to my cd collection, and these guys are as good as anyone to start. Hook me up.

Re: Essential Ratt?

Get them all! I would probably say Invasion of Your Privacy is my favorite. But they all have some great tracks.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

"Out of the Cellar" is my fav by Ratt. But maybe the "Ratt and Roll" cd would be good for you because it is a greatest hits deal.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Start with 'Out Of The Cellar' and then
        Invasion Of Your Privacy
        Reach For The Sky
        Dancing Undercover
        Detonator

Comment

Out of the cellar, without a doubt.

I also have "Ratt n Roll 81/91", which covers the "hits" and spans the ten years that Ratt was probably the most popular.

Anything Warren Dimartini plays on is good!

Comment

All you need is out of the cellar and invasion of your privacy. The rest is ok to good, but really for a casual listener those are the best.
            I like the self titled one too, a little like cellar, but more raw. If I got a third album that would be it.

Dancing undercover on up was kinda bland to me, but it was ok.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Get them all, do it chronologically. You'll enjoy it that much more.

You'll be ok if you skip the EP, start with Out of the Cellar, then Invasion of Your Privacy, roll right into Dancing Undercover, footslide into Reach for the Sky, polish it off with Detonator. Once you're there you can skip 81-91, (because you already own all of those tunes except Nobody Rides for Free) pick up the self-titled album, then get 81-91, the EP and Collage. By then, you'll be caught up. Collage was lack-luster, but the original version of Top Secret is killer. I really liked the '99 self-titled album. I thought it was a solid album.

My favorite is Out of the Cellar, there's something about Round and Round that always takes me back in time. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Invasion of Your Privacy is by far their best songwriting overall. and best musicianship as well. I do like the song Way Cool Jr though.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Invasion of Your Privacy is by far their best songwriting overall. and best musicianship as well. I do like the song Way Cool Jr though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loved Invasion, and most people might hate me for this but i also loved dancing undercover.

Comment

Best 3:

Out Of The Cellar
                    Invasion Of Your Privacy
                    Dancing Undercover

All of the tracks on these have Ratt's peak signature sound. Their other stuff lacks some of those elements with the exception of a few odd songs. Detanator was when Robbin was suffering bad with his addictions and the stuff feels thrown together. Mostly disappointing as was Reach For The Sky with "Way Cool Jr.". Don't let Desmond Child contribute to your metal masterpieces. I also like the first release from Stephen Pearcy's "Arcade" project.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Best 3:

Out Of The Cellar
                      Invasion Of Your Privacy
                      Dancing Undercover

+1
                      All of the tracks on these have Ratt's peak signature sound. Their other stuff lacks some of those elements with the exception of a few odd songs. Detanator was when Robbin was suffering bad with his addictions and the stuff feels thrown together. Mostly disappointing as was Reach For The Sky with "Way Cool Jr.". Don't let Desmond Child contribute to your metal masterpieces. I also like the first release from Stephen Pearcy's "Arcade" project.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Is it just me or is anyone else scratching thier heads as to why they have never released a dvd of all the videos?????I got sick of recording vh1 classics every week to get some good ratt vids.

Comment

I think Invasion had their best songwriting and easily the best guitar tones that they ever put to tape. Cellar kicks ass too, the rest are OK...nothing spectacular. Warren actually seemed to "dumb down" his playing after Invasion with a much more blues based approach, not necessarily a bad thing in general, but it seemed to me that he lost some of the "fire" from his playing.

Comment

If you are only going to try one CD, go with the 81/91 best of. Otherwise, I agree with Razor and just go chronologically starting with Out of the Cellar.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

My 1st pick is "Invasion" I think that's the DiMartini sound. Followed by "Detonator" which he seems to add some new tones which are refreshing.

"Undercover" was more of an ex-girlfriend anthem album for me personally. Whenever I listen to it, I go back in time and dream.

Comment

Working...
                              X