That Gary Moore Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Gary Moore Sound

Does anyone have any ideas how Gary Moore gets that smooth lush (dare I say haunting) reverb/delay sound he gets (like on the song The Loner). What is he using? I have a lot of gear and tried many things but never seem to get it right. It's probably high quality studio effects put in after his tracks are done but I thought it was worth asking. What do ya think?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: That Gary Moore Sound

I used to nail it when I had my Mesa Boogie Mark III..I know that much.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My amp is a Mesa Dual Rec. No reverb. It sounds like a deep hall reverb but it's much more than I can seem to get out of my gear.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Go to Guitar Center and fool with a modeler until you can get close. Then figure out which combo of models did the trick.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Les Paul + JTM45 Marshall + Marshall Guv'nor + EV loaded 4X12 cab = Gary Moore Tone.

-Jason

Comment

I read that The Loner was recorded with a Charvel with an EMG through a Gallien Kruger.

Comment

the gear page on his site has (or had) some pics of his pedals, including the Ibanez DL-III he was using around that time. It's a good pic and you can clearly see the settings.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

G where have you been man...got some new aussie metal..the new Dungeon rocks..

see ya on my thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  G where have you been man...got some new aussie metal..the new Dungeon rocks..

see ya on my thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw them with Opeth (last year) and then with Nightwish this year. They are great, seeing Lord Tim sing and play at the same time is awesome. Plus they're really nice in person. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

yeah I just picked up their new one ..kicks ass! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

'Under the raven skies' (a day long metal event in sydney) is on at the end of next month. It's Dungeons final live show. They're breaking up. Sorry to keep this thread off track [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        'Under the raven skies' (a day long metal event in sydney) is on at the end of next month. It's Dungeons final live show. They're breaking up. Sorry to keep this thread off track [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Why is that? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Les Paul + JTM45 Marshall + Marshall Guv'nor + EV loaded 4X12 cab = Gary Moore Tone.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Jason you also forgot you have to find Gary and cut off his fingers!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

"Jason you also forgot you have to find Gary and cut off his fingers!!!"

+ 1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Saw them with Opeth (last year) and then with Nightwish this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Dude, I missed BOTH of those shows! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Still kicking myself, but money's been tight.

Heya Bill, been living lean lately. No internet, no cable tv, no phone. The family is all setup in the new house now, but I'm still in Brisbane & riding the bus to stay with them on weekends. The wife hooked up dial-up this week (all we can get in this area, dammit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), so I can pop in and say "hi" from time to time now.

Glad to see you digging the new Dungeon. Got any Eyefear, Anarion or Black Majesty yet? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X