Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick. Some Cool Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick. Some Cool Info

I just heard on VH1 that Michael Bolton's old name was Michael Boloton and that he and Bruce Kulick were in a band together in the 80's, that is why Bolton helped KISS write Forever. I can't imagine Bolton with Rock music at all.
    This space for rent

Re: Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick. Some Cool Info

You should hear his first album with the song "Fools Game" on it.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

He can shred pretty good too. Thats what he started out doing...80's glam rock. He played guitar and sang. I think he had dark hait too. I remember him in a guitar mag.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

The band was called Blackjack....
        Heres a pic of the back of one of their albums.
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Michale Bolton ..Lp "Everybody's Crazy"...1985 I think..I had the record.

It even appeared in a movie at that time.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Regardless, as Scott Ian says "Michael Bolton is NOT metal!"

Comment

Re: Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick. Some Cool Inf

Yep, I had that (blackjack) album.
              It was shaped like a playing card, decent ablum work/art.
              The songs themselves weren't great but not all that bad either. The girlfriend I had at that time loved the look of the album, so I gave to her. It wasn't to much later Bolton hit the pop scene and made a huge splash. I remember people saying and thinking he was black because of voice. I told them, he's white and they inreturn told me I was full of it.
              They later, once they seen Bolton and noticed he was white, told me I was right. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

The first and only time Ozzy Osbourne visited Puerto Rico for a show was in 1984, as part of the Bark at Moon tour. The opening band for Ozzy was Michael Bolton. He was playing guitar and also singing glam rock. People couldn't wait enough for him and his band to get the hell out of the stage. Ozzy ruled that night with Jake E. Lee on guitar.

Comment

I'm gonna do a little research, but I'm pretty sure the results are gonna blow your mind. Stay tuned!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Michael Bolton's first album reminded me alot of Bonjovi's first album with She's a Little Runaway on it. That is a really well done record. Every song is good. She Don't Know Me is a really good song. Bolton was one of the first MTV glam rock dudes. Big hair, great voice and he played guitar really good too. Pretty cool history considering what he turned out to be.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh, yeah, I let Scott Ian be my "Metalometer".

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Not that I disagree with him, but if he participates in those damn VH-1 "Most awesomely bad..." shows, he has no cred with me.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh, yeah, I let Scott Ian be my "Metalometer".

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Not that I disagree with him, but if he participates in those damn VH-1 "Most awesomely bad..." shows, he has no cred with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. That is pretty wussy for a dude who co-wrote "NFL efil nikcuf ecin"

Comment

I remember when I first heard Bruce Kulick was in Kiss that they were all saying 'formerly in Michael Bolton's Band' -like that was a good thing (This was around the asylum tour).
                          I liked bruce but couldn't figure how he woulld have played with Michael - was there even a guitar in that?

Then I found out Bob Kulick did half of Ace's parts a few years later. Now I don't know what to think???

Glad to see Michael just sold out to make money and get some action and Bruce was able to carry on in a decent fashion. This thread ties it all together for me. Michael Wasn't always a hearthrob for mom's across america [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Blackjack page on Rockdetector
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Everbody's Crazy..

Is that Derek Smalls on bass..

"Derek Smalls on bass...he wrote this".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X