Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

jeff was showing me the tour bus and showed me the only "private" room in there...it was occupied [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love it i mean its the only album i have of em but i'm going to get more. nemis is such a sick song.

Comment

OK guys..hypothetical question here...would you still feel the same about Doomsday Machine if it were Arch Enemy's FIRST album..their debut..so to speak..

just askin.

Reason why I'm askin is because I have been trying to get my wife into AE ever since Black Earth..and she always HATED the vocals.. Liva and Angela....so she calls me upstairs tonight because she's watching HBB while trying to go to sleep..and she asks..is this Arch Enemy..I immediately see it was (a new vid) and go yeah...and she likes it...I dunno.

and as I'm watching it ..I'm diggin' it..so there ya go. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]..to me The Amotts can do no wrong and Sharlee and Daniel are just one tight killer rythm section..he's a killer drummer IMO!!!

Fuck I wish I can find a drummer like that around here...I been lookin for goin' on two years now..and hell no!

I got a demo song called "high speed death roll" I did that is similair to old AE / ATG in style..it's about three years old now..it's posted somewhere..just on a crappy 4 trk....if anyone cares I'll try and find it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          OK guys..hypothetical question here...would you still feel the same about Doomsday Machine if it were Arch Enemy's FIRST album..their debut..so to speak..

[/ QUOTE ]
          I would have deleted it after the first spin instead of giving it a second chance.

Comment

really, you hate it that bad...OK [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              really, you hate it that bad...OK [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Honestly, I kinda liked Wages of Sin... But from that point on it was downhill for me. I don't think there is a problem with getting commercial(I still love Soilwork!), but Anthems of Rebellion and this last one suffer from severe lack of balls and interesting song-writing ideas. It all feels way too calculated. But hey, you enjoy it more power to you.

I will go listen to some Spiritual Beggars now for some good Mike material. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

well it is by far their weakest one..like I said, the first song I heard and got used to before the album came out and I liked it..then it was gets "boring"..but I love the band to be honest..

and from what I heard of the new COB kinda dissappointed me as well..only the one song so far..

I love Spiritual Beggars...another good band like that is Grand Magus..same singer...and Bill Steer's Firebird is "OK"..that's all the stoner rock bands I like really.

I LOVE Chris Amott's Armageddon stuff..I have their first and third..but not their second..that one is pretty hard to find...I'll get it eventually

Anyone into Chris Amott and or Arch Enemy but with CLEAN vocals should check out Armegeddon..he's a pretty decent singer too..I heard rumors that he was going to share vocals on this last one..I guess not..and then he bailed..hmmm...probably would have been much better if that were the case.

Remember Mike's short stint with Candlemass..wasn't that great..

right now listening to Heartwork...fuck yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I love Spiritual Beggars...another good band like that is Grand Magus..same singer...and Bill Steer's Firebird is "OK"..

and I LOVE Chris Amott's Armageddon stuff..I have their first and thris..but not their second..that one is pretty hard to find.

Anyone into Chris Amott and or Arch Enemy should check out Armegeddon..he's a pretty decent singer too..I heard rumors that he was going to share vocals on this last one..I guess not..and then he bailed..hmmm.

Remember Mike's short stint with Candlemass..wasn't that great..

right now listening to Heartwork...fuck yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Chris should do full-time Armageddon, the first and the second are godly and the third is really good! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Heartwork is where it's at. And yes, you need that second Armageddon album. It's great. Totally different to the first and third.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

dude you got the second..where did you find it man..ebay or somethin' [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Sanctuary you too..shit..where did you get that..I searched high and low and just gave up lookin'..I know it has to smoke..I love em!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I got it off ebay years ago. I'm a completist and have to have everything a band has put out, no matter what it costs, hence why I own all of Arch Enemy, In Flames and Soilwork even though I hate their most recent shyte. Weird, I know... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Exactly man that is how I am...I did that with all my favorite bands..all of them..especially the obscure OOP stuff Hexenhouse , Apocrypha , Atheist , Psycotic Waltz , Watchtower etc..

I know what you mean by having all the peices to the puzzle..even bands that put out boners..Like Crimson Glory with that gay one "strange and beautiful"..it's the gayest..but it's a piece to a puzzle so I keep it..yeah VERY Weird..I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this madness..

I blame it on my OCD..I got that big time.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

some things I won't keep tho...like queensryche and Metallica..everything after 1990 I dumped for both bands...I couldn't let that poop touch my beloved collection.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm running out of room man..so I have to dump shit just to make room for my constant flow of incoming awesomeness. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey man, you rule. I have Strange and Beautiful too, but it's still got Midnight on it so it's ok. I prefer their debut most with Transcendence a close second. Did you hear they're possibly going to reform with the original line-up? I even have Midnight's solo release that they made like only 100 CDs off [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

You have heard Astronomica, right?

Man this is weird talking about CG on this thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah..that's why you guys should come by my thread once in a while..its a free for all thread..metal and insanity being the key topics..I need you guys over there..hell WE need you guys over there..

That's what I do..metal ...you mean the wade black release right..yeah I got that with the UFO sighting tape at the end..Wade Black is OK..I just picked Up "Leash Law" with Wade and Emo on geetar of Nocturnus..it's cool...but I like Midnight way better!!!

There is a few singers from back in the day I just love they were so different and original..Midnight , Buddy Lackey , Buddo of Last Crack , Allan Techio of watchtower /non fiction/hades those guys are the shit to me..that's the shit..Oh..Sabbat / MEKONG DELTA...DAMN!!!!

you rule too bro... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I love Sabbat and Watchtower too dude. Where is the thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X