Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michael angelo batio guitar clinic

sucked [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the guy was a wierdo/drug addict. he had to be on something, he was talking and moving and jittering non stop. his playing sucks frankly. i never thought much of him, but i at least thought he was fast. but he didnt really even seem fast in person. he can play nonsense notes upside down. ok. done. i left early.

the fun part. a couple of people from Dean came in with 4 or 5 of Dime's actual guitars, including his Dimebolt and his pot leaf brown dime. lots of you will recognize these axes, and it was really special for me to be so close to them.

heres a couple pics of the dimebolt

Re: michael angelo batio guitar clinic

To call MAB a "weirdo", and that he "sucked" is one thing, but a "drug addict"? Come on...That's harsh, imho. Have a little respect for the guy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

WEll, post some of your work..and then I take your word for it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

batio is definately weird.. but his educational videos are pretty good.
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I attended his clinic in Auburn Alabama and thought it was great. He was a little odd but aren't most guitarist?
          No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Met him once in NYC and thought he was more geeky than weird. Where do you get off with the drug addict allegations? Unless you saw him partaking, thats a BS comment. And to say his playing sucked? You may not care for it but he is one of the most technically adept shredders ever. I can't imagine who you think is good but you come off as more of a fan than a player. Poor post. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              .. but his educational videos are pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Click on 'Speed Lives' video here:

http://www.angelo.com/mp3___video.html

Yeah...he SUCKS! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

He is amazing. Almost unreal. Weird as heck too. Just like most other guitar virtuoso's.

Comment

Vai, Malmsteen, Lynch, Vincent, Gilbert, Schenker, Blackmore, Roth; yeah they're run-of-the-mill 'normal' I'd say....LOL

Should I go on?

Comment

I wasn't sure what to expect going to see him as it was my first guitar clinic but I had a great time and learned a few things. Personally I think he was hilarious.

Comment

I can only listen to guys shred for a short while. After that, it gets boring to me.

But to say the guy sucks? [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Oh please. I wish I had one iota of his talent. He has probably forgotten more than most of us wannabees will ever know.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

michael is a robot.. he doesnt forget anything =P
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I'd kill for some guitar clinics like that to come to the DC area, and you think he sucked? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

You really can't get any more technically proficient than that man. Are you sure you weren't the one on drugs?

Comment

The guy is the fastest SOB I've ever heard or seen.
                            I met him at a Foundations Forum event in Burbank back in 94 and he is a bit weird, but drugs... I doubt it seriously.
                            To play like that, one has to have a very clear and focused mind.
                            -Rick

Comment

speed doesnt mean shit to me. hes fast as hell, but he wasnt playing very clean. yeah i know hes good guys. get off my jock. but last night he was sloppy and it was all just annoying to me. I love shredders like some mentioned above.

but im serious, he was acting like a lunatic. none of you were there, and Ive never seen him before any other time, but last night he was acting like a little coked up. whether it was caffine or cocaine, no one knows.

anyways, i figured some would appreciate the dime pics, which was the main reason why i made this post.

Comment

Working...
                              X