Rock Star INXS Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Star INXS Finale

Not sure how many of you saw the finale but wow did the band ever smoke or what ? Rawf (Rafael Moreira)really let it rip with his Bogner Shiva's last night. His lead tone for the Queen song was amazing. The guy can flat out play.
    Sounded like he had a hint of delay on the lead tone, too.
    You could really hear it on the Pink Floyd cover. I think I need a Shiva. INXS were ok for the last 2 songs but did not see any Line 6 amps on stage for the finale, like there
    were a few weeks ago. Looked like a whole bunch of Marshall
    JCM 800's. The leader dude even pulled out an 80's graphic
    one pick up/floyd rose, Kramer for "Don't change".

Re: Rock Star INXS Finale

A hint of delay? I was still hearing it when they cme back from the commercials [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I missed it. Who won? Who's their new singer?

Comment

JD Fortune... I think Marty and Mig both would have been a better choice but all 3 of those guys are great though.

That house band is probably he best band I've ever heard. Rafael is my new favorite guitarist!
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

JD came off as kind of a dick at first, but he seemed to have the better voice overall in the end and I actually thought he was the better choice, IMO. I never bought an INXS album before, so I doubt I'm going to start now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought JD was the best choice for them too.

Did anyone notice that when INXS was playing their new song that they were faking? The drummer flat out stopped for a second and the drums kept going. Then there's the mysterious synth parts that nobody was playing (although tambourine boy was standing *near* the keyboards). And finally the guitar parts that nobody was playing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I liked Marty the best so I was hoping that he wouldn't win, as I'm not a big fan of INXS. Now he has a chance at decent career instead of being a nostalgia act.

Comment

I won money on this, heres my theory-

they wont make thier money on cd sales, its in concert ticket sales.They needed a guy who can sound just like Michael to pull it off live.More people will come back if the hits sound like they did back in the day.Just ask Journey. jD was the guy who fit that bill.

Plus, the original he did was a good song and could be a hit for them.

Trees sucked , as did the guy who wrote it.He drove me nuts because he was off pitch on everything he sang.Mig was too much of a nancy boy.Great stage voice, not a great rock voice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone notice that when INXS was playing their new song that they were faking? The drummer flat out stopped for a second and the drums kept going. Then there's the mysterious synth parts that nobody was playing (although tambourine boy was standing *near* the keyboards). And finally the guitar parts that nobody was playing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? I could hear live drums coming through the mic at the end when brooke was announcing the stuff at the end.

Was the show live or was it taped?She said they have a new cd coming out in nov.
                  That would either mean they recorded the music all summer, and are giving the new guy a month to lay down the vocals, or the whole cd is in the can.I am confused.I would bet my left nut that the song Pretty Vegas ends up on it.I think that song sold them on JD.I also think they knew who they wanted long before they walked in to the theater last night.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    She said they have a new cd coming out in nov.
                    That would either mean they recorded the music all summer, and are giving the new guy a month to lay down the vocals, or the whole cd is in the can.I am confused.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, they've been working on the music for awhile. I guess they'll just have JD add his vocals and that'll be it. Not sure if they'll have him contribute any lyrics for them yet.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I didnt know he joined Steel Dragon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, I saw that. He was bangin' away on the tambourine and then it hit me, "Who the hell's playin' keyboards?". Loved that Kramer too; "Don't Change" is my fav song by them. JD was spot-on with the vocals. They made the right choice.
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but my wife and I watched the entire series with the exception of the first show. I picked JD to win it about half way through as I felt he fit the bill best. The house band crushed throughout. I'll miss hearing them the most.....wait no....I'll miss Deanna's hooters the most [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Good deals with:
                          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

those were nice, wish i had been watching the series to see that

Who do yo think will be the band next season? Van Halen?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              They needed a guy who can sound just like Michael to pull it off live.More people will come back if the hits sound like they did back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY! I called JD to win based on that he sounded a lot like Hutchence. The only thing I though may have killed it was that he was kind of a dick in the beginning, and I imagine the old guys don't wanna deal with that. Did anyone think one of the chix was gonna win?

The house band was great.

Comment

Working...
                              X