Allman Bros. on 9/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allman Bros. on 9/30

We're taking the kids to go see the Allmans tomorrow evening in Raleigh. The only bummer is that Skynyrd won't be playing - Johnny Van Zandt had some vocal chord surgery and they cancelled 3 months of shows. So the band moe is playing instead - I don't know anything about them though. Should be a blast.

Anyone else going tomorrow?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Allman Bros. on 9/30

Wish i was- A band I always wanted to see.

I heard Dickey is not with them? Rumour?

Comment

They booted Dickey a while back, but Trucks and Haynes are both great players. Enjoy the show!
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I saw them last month - absolutely nasty.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Gonna' be a great show...I've been to over 100 ABB shows including the Zakk Wylde filling in for Dickey when he got arrested show {got it on CD too}. You'll never see that happen again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Warren's hometown is in Asheville, it'll be a great show for sure, enjoy!

Comment

I'd love to see Warren and Derek tearing it up on Allman Bros songs. Have fun.

Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Gonna' be a great show...I've been to over 100 ABB shows including the Zakk Wylde filling in for Dickey when he got arrested show {got it on CD too}. You'll never see that happen again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Warren's hometown is in Asheville, it'll be a great show for sure, enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! That would be a cool show to upload somewhere, if you're able. ABB is classic....

Comment

I almost went. A guy I work with asked me to go but I'm waaaaayyy too tired.
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Woah. What a fucking great show.

Greg Allman can still sing - he sounded great.

Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks are brilliant.

That's worth repeating.

Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks are brilliant.

Seriously, these guys have chops to spare. Tone to die for. They have an unreal ability to pick such perfect notes and lines. I've seen Warren a bunch of times and was once again blown away by his playing. I'd never seen Derek before and I just couldn't believe it. The Alltel Pavilion has great vid screens so you could really see what they were playing. I've never seen anyone play guitar like Derek.

The only bummer is that we had to leave early - the kids were getting *really* tired after 10pm - the show started at 6:30 with moe (they were pretty damn good too).
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The Allman bros are always cool. We did the Austin City Limits show last weekend and they had a 30 minute set, they rocked. I dig the harmonies that they to do, great stuff and some great guitar work...yep tim, they have chops.

Gov't mule was on the bill earlier too. Warren's tone was awasome on both sets. He had his SLO and another head that I couldn't make out, either a Diezel I've never seen or a red faced Diaz.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

The other head is a Diaz, used for cleans.
                      Warren Haynes fan here. He's my slide coach!

Comment

absolutely nasty
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I was fortunate enough to meet Warren and Woody in 1989 during the ABB re-formation. I worked as guitar/bass/mandolin tech for both of them on Warren's solo tour. Warren would even let me pick out the setlists, that's how low-key he is. A nicer guy you would not meet. Through them, I got to met and hang with all the ABB members. Even rode the tour bus for a whole weekend {me, Woody, Warren, & Gregg} when they played Woodstock in 94. Lots of green leafy desserts on that ride. I got a few thanks on some Mule albums to boot. At the time of Woody's passing, we were working on a coffee table book of his killer collection. Hopefully I'll be involved should it ever come to fruition. Anyone that goes to see the current ABB lineup or the Mule will NOT be disappointed.

Comment

Does anyone have the ABB DVD with Derek and Warren? I've been wanting to pick that up for a while now. I can't seem to get enough Warren or Gov't Mule lately and I need to see more of his playing! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW if you like his playing pick up The Deepest End 2 cds one DVD!!!! It is THE best!

Jason

Comment

Working...
                            X