Fear Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear Factory

Just curious what you guys thought of em. i like em but the only lame thing is the lack of solos but the rythms are wicked. Also sometimes they do werid stuff like on transgression they have this random rock song. Where does that come from? Also they did a U2 cover. there still cool.
    Any thoughts or opinions?

Re: Fear Factory

I've got it playing right now, haven't quite made up my mind about it yet though. Some good stuff, some so-so stuff, nothing very bad. The song "Supernova" honestly suprised me. I thought it must be a cover at first, different than their usual stuff, but I like it.

I still call FF my favorite band. The blend of heavy and harmony they do is my favorite style, and Burton does it well. I'm glad they are still around making cd's.

Yeah you don't hear much soloing out of Christian but the stuff he does sounds rock solid.

Comment

yeah man transgression was the first album of theres that i got. i got it after i saw em at gigantour. there CRAZY onstage!

Comment

I used to be a big fan back in the Soul Of A New Machine/Demanufacture days. Loved Obsolete too. Kinda lost intrest after that, but really got into Archetype when it came out. Haven't heard any of the new one yet.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

The only song i've heard from them is Edgecrusher and that song rules

Comment

I don't care for any band that can't perform live.
            Last time I saw them, the lead guitarist... whatever his name is, didn't even have his rig powered up. Half of what I was hearing was not what he was playing.
            Fortunately they were only the opening act and not the band I paid to see.
            I can see using back tracks for some stuff, but nobody was playing live at all. And it was soooo obvious.
            You could tell when the song was finished, they would turn on the singers mic on so he could talk to the audience.
            It was truely pathetic.
            -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I used to be a big fan back in the Soul Of A New Machine/Demanufacture days. Loved Obsolete too.

[/ QUOTE ]
              +1

I got tired of the Line6 "Insane" tone on every friggin' song. I still listen to the old CD's when I take a roadtrip by myself. I saw them live with Monster Magnet and Rob Zombie. FF were outperformed.

Funny story - I work with a guy who's a dead ringer for Dino. I got an Ibanez poster from local music store with Dino on it. Brought it to work and put the employee's name on it. EVERYONE fell for it. They swore it was the guy here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So he came to my office to see for himself and was floored. They could have been twins. I gave him the poster.

Comment

The lack of solos was Dino's middle finger to all the stuck-up, rich kids in LA from when he started out. I read an interview where he stated they could solo all day long, but none of them could write a song or a riff.

Comment

Working...
                X