Green Meanie FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Meanie FYI

In the latest edition of Guitar World, Vai is asked about the gear he used in Crossroads and mentions his "Green Meanie" for anyone who's interested.

Re: Green Meanie FYI

What guitar was he using in crossroads? Is it a San Dimas or an import charvel?

Comment

Would anyone care to scan? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw the interview. Are you talking about the guitar he recorded with or the one that was on camera? The one on camera was red with black headstock. It was also funny that he had to clarify that Rlaph Machio did not really kick his ass in the guitar dual. I'm glad he cleared that one up! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

<font color="orange"> On the recording it's his Green Meanie thru a Carvin,in the movie he plays a late serialized red San Dimas Charvel with a covered up Jackson logo,two hum,Floyd,maple/maple!! </font>

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I thought Ralph did decent enough miming for a non player. Jack Butlers gonna like you!

Comment

I've always thought that his only justified acting was when the bullies kicked his sorry-ass in Karate Kid.

Comment

I love that scene in Something About Mary where Matt Dillon is trying to impress Mary about the movies he likes and mentions Harold and Maude and the Karate Kid in the same breath. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Macchio is the only thing that ruins that movie. I thought he was a lame ass pick for Crossroads. Same era, real guitar player, could also play a kid, better actor = Michael J Fox

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Macchio is the only thing that ruins that movie. I thought he was a lame ass pick for Crossroads. Same era, real guitar player, could also play a kid, better actor = Michael J Fox

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I mean, really, the dude was like 50 years old when he did Crossroads and the Karate Kids. They could've picked a better one....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      <font color="orange"> On the recording it's his Green Meanie thru a Carvin, in the movie he plays a late serialized red San Dimas Charvel with a covered up Jackson logo,two hum,Floyd,maple/maple!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... you need more help than I thought! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]<font color="orange"> !!Yes,yes I do!!</font>

Comment

OT: Was it Jamie Gertz as co act?
                          Mmmmmmmm Jamie [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            OT: Was it Jamie Gertz as co act?
                            Mmmmmmmm Jamie [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Star? Where you going Star????

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                            X