The Masters of Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masters of Reality

I just dug out the self-titled debut by these guys and realized that I'd forgotten how much I love this album. Any other fans here? Anyone heard anything after the somewhat-weak 2nd disc?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: The Masters of Reality

Oh wow...here's a blast from the past! They were Syracuse boys. Used to hang w/ Tommy (the guitar player...I've forgotten his last name) a fair bit. We'd wander aimlessly around Syracuse picking on people, being stupid (us!).

Obviously seen them live many times locally, always an event!

Comment

I loved their stuff. Had the first CD and the second one called Sunrise on the Sufferbus. Ginger Baker (yes THAT Ginger Baker) played drums on the second album. They had a really unique vibe going on. I don't know what happened to them.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I just checked Amazon, and they have something like 5 other CDs out including a live one. The last one was released in 2004, so perhaps they are still going.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yup, Syracuse boys. I think Chris Goss (the singer and main songwriter) was doing a lot of producing and such in LA. If I remember correctly, one of the things he produced was a solo disc for Ian Astbury, called "Spirit Light Speed." I think.

Comment

My wife went to school with Chris.
            I used to see them here all the time when they were
            a bar band. Great group!

theo

Comment

I remember them. I saw them at a local bar in the early '90s. Never got any albums, but they were played a lot on the local hard rock/metal station.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X