Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hook-up with Karl Sanders of Nile! (Big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook-up with Karl Sanders of Nile! (Big pics)

Nile played a show in Linköping, Sweden Friday October 7th.

I was there, and got to talk a bit to Karl after the show. He was very nice, he took the time to talk some guitars with me! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I asked him about his Jackson, cause he didn't play it, he said "Hold on, I'll go get it"... and came back with this: Pic 1

They put on a great show, they're insanely skilled musicians IMO, and the 19 year old session bass player was really damn good!

Here's me with mr Sanders:
    Pic 2

I'm glad to finally have seen them live, as I've been waiting for them to come to Sweden for 5 years... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: Hook-up with Karl Sanders of Nile! (Big pics)

cool!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Awesome. Is that a scalloped fretboard?

I have a huge amount of respect for Nile since they're ALWAYS touring everywhere.

Comment

Yeah, it was scalloped, so I asked him if all his guitars had scalloped fretboards... and they did!

He said the scallops on his KXK were very deep, I thought the scallops on the Jackson looked quite deep as well.

The Jackson kicked serious ass, it had the same graphic on the back as well as on the front. It had a reverse headstock. I really think it would look better without any inlays at all, but that's not for me to say. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

His Dean ML was awesome, so was Dallas Explorer (are they called Z?)! He didn't play his KXK, that would have been really cool!
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Those guys live a couple hours from where I do, their new bass player used to stop in my store from time to time.

Comment

They're great. Sometimes they have a bad show or two, maybe some technical glitches, but I've always enjoyed seeing them live.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I also met them when I saw them this year, though Karl did play the Jackson live that day.

The bass player (Joe Payne is his name, I think) told me he is already 20 years old, and that was half a year ago or something. Which doesn't change anything after all, he's still damn good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
              X