anyone got the newest exodus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got the newest exodus?

i'm surprised that there's not thread about it? bill, where are you?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ok...for starters, it's called shovel headed kill machine...rather stupid name if you ask me lol. here's my little review.
    well, let me start with the production. andy sneap came into play here, so as usual you can expect a very good one. everything comes through clearly, the bass sounds killer imho, the guitars sound a bit strange at first but once you get used to it they also sound great. it's two tracks on a triple XXX, one left one right, thats all.
    overall it's a very good album. not as KILLER as TOTD, but that's an album that can barely be topped anyways. you'll notice that there's a lot more groovy stuff than on their previous releases. basically the first two and the last two are the only fast songs, most of the others are more mid tempo, with some faster parts of course. the new singer is quite good actually. obviously he's not baloff or zetro, but who is? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] my only real gripe with this album are some of the leads, but then again, i've always been more into rick's lead playing than gary's, so thats basically a matter of taste.

to put it in a nutshell, it's definitely AT LEAST worth a listen. it ain't no tempo of the damned, nor does it touch this godless endeavor (so no rival for TGE as the best album of the year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but it's not crap either. check it out!

Re: anyone got the newest exodus?

I test drove that one last night, i couldnt stand the new singer, he started to grate on my ears.Trying to be a death metal Zetro.He ruined for me, so i left it at the store.

Comment

I don't mind it at all, but it ain't no TOTD.

Bring back Zetro!!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Bring back Zetro!!

[/ QUOTE ]
        +1

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Exodus is one of my favorite Bob Marley tunes.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Have it on the list to pick up. I have a nevering list..always playing "catch up"..which is nothing short of chasing my tail.

For example I have a list of well over 70 cds on my "wish" list ..I only oder about 10-15 of those at a time , pwer month. By the time it's time to place an order ..5-10 more new releases come out that always take priority..alot of things get put on the back burner. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Such as the new Exodus "shovel head kill machine"..I heard the only half the original Exodus members are on this including Gary Holt , Exodus second guitarist Rick Hunolt bailed and was replaced fellow Bay Area Thrashers HEATHEN shredder Lee Attus taking over guitar duties..which is fine..he's a FINE player!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve Souza is and always will be the voice of Exodus IMO. The reason why I never liked Skinlab was because of the vocals...don't know his name ..never was a Skinlab fan because of HIM!

"TOTD" fucking RULES...I turned my wife onto TOTD which she burned me out on ..due to that is all she played in the car for months on end..not kidding.

She wants to go see Exodus later this month with Three Inches Of Blood..with local friends Hatrix...I think the singer of Three Inches of Blood would be better suited for Exodus..he's more in that range..kinda a mix between Souza / the late David Wayne..RIP!!

It will not be the same to without Souza..I think i'll pass on the show and buy the new Exodus when I come across it used..which I will very soon.

I'm taking my wife and kid to meet Nevermore when they come in November..they love their music all these years and it would be cool for my fam to finaly meet the awesomness that is Nevermore..and Opeth of course..but I'm not counting on meeting them..but if I do , that'll be cool. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the review..Steve Souza needs to get his ass in gear and do what he needs to do to get his band back!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Actually the voice of Exodus always will be Paul Baloff. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Duh...yep yer right...sonamabeech...this is what happends when you get old and burnt too many brain cells..

My apologies for my gayness.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kick in the sack..its getting late and I'm a tad "induced"!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I mean Zetro was good too and I don't mind this new guy at all, but for me Baloff was and is always going to be THE standard that every thrash vocalist will be judged by.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+2!!
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Have it on the list to pick up. I have a nevering list..always playing "catch up"..which is nothing short of chasing my tail.

For example I have a list of well over 70 cds on my "wish" list ..I only oder about 10-15 of those at a time , pwer month. By the time it's time to place an order ..5-10 more new releases come out that always take priority..alot of things get put on the back burner. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Such as the new Exodus "shovel head kill machine"..I heard the only half the original Exodus members are on this including Gary Holt , Exodus second guitarist Rick Hunolt bailed and was replaced fellow Bay Area Thrashers HEATHEN shredder Lee Attus taking over guitar duties..which is fine..he's a FINE player!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve Souza is and always will be the voice of Exodus IMO. The reason why I never liked Skinlab was because of the vocals...don't know his name ..never was a Skinlab fan because of HIM!

"TOTD" fucking RULES...I turned my wife onto TOTD which she burned me out on ..due to that is all she played in the car for months on end..not kidding.

She wants to go see Exodus later this month with Three Inches Of Blood..with local friends Hatrix...I think the singer of Three Inches of Blood would be better suited for Exodus..he's more in that range..kinda a mix between Souza / the late David Wayne..RIP!!

It will not be the same to without Souza..I think i'll pass on the show and buy the new Exodus when I come across it used..which I will very soon.

I'm taking my wife and kid to meet Nevermore when they come in November..they love their music all these years and it would be cool for my fam to finaly meet the awesomness that is Nevermore..and Opeth of course..but I'm not counting on meeting them..but if I do , that'll be cool. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the review..Steve Souza needs to get his ass in gear and do what he needs to do to get his band back!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see what bearing Esquivel has on this. He was only in the band for the 'deth tour. Rob Dukes is the vocalist on the new one.

But yeah...I'd have the new Exodus if I could FIND the fuckin' thing! God damn, I see Tempo of the Damned everywhere, but I still can't find the new one. (Or even any of the older ones. Only Tempo)

Comment

Oh , so its not the skinlab singer then..OK , well that's refreshing to me. OK then there is a chance I would really dig this..I prolly will..

It's on Nuclear Blast..Century Media will have that in stock I assume..unless they ran out.

Comment

i'm really digging the singer's voice. as i already said, he's not zetro, but he's doing VERY well imho. the record gets stronger and stronger the more i listen to it. awesome stuff, really. i think i like it better than the latest kreator album, and that one kicked mucho ass! still, it's not TOTD.
                          so far the standout tracks for me are 44 magnum opus, shudder to think (GROOVY!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ), and going going gone. the others are great, too. imho the weakest tracks are raze (the opener) and the title track which is boring imho. altered boy is built around a riff that i don't really like, thats why it's one of the weaker songs to me.

Comment

I gotta pick it up this weekend..I'll find it..

Anyone into Hypocrisy at all..Their last one Virus is their all time BEST IMO...same label Nuclear Blast!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Gary is the only member left! Tom Hunting was sick in the hospital, so Paul Bostaph played drums on the album, and I believe he's an official member of the band now! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Rick quit because he's smoking meth and wouldn't listen to Gary to clean up his act like he had. And the bass player is the same guy who was on TOTD... Jack Gibson. Their new singer, Rob Dukes, used to be their guitar tech, the only guy Gary thought did their stuff justice. I'll probably pick this cd up this weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X