Al DiMeola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al DiMeola

Is anyone else going to catch him in Raleigh this week?

Jack the Riffer and I are going to be there - it'd be cool to meet up with any other forum members.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Al DiMeola

<font color="aqua">He ALWAYS puts on a great show, wish I could be there to see him with you guys. Have a great time - </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Wow- wish I was still living down there. I would have loved to see that show. That guy's insane.

Enjoy the show!

Comment

He did a clinic at my old job and I was blown away. I've never seen anyone play with that much comprehension and feel of rhythm like he has. Once he showed us some great rhythm playing, his leads were just amazing on top of it. Definatly one of my favorite guitarists now. Wonder if he's playing NY, wanna check him out now.

Comment

he's coming here this month..I had some of his music on Vinyl..hell I can't remeber the titles.

But thinking of going to check him out..he's a truly great guitarist! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Wonder if he's playing NY, wanna check him out now.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I saw him at Hofstra University on Long Island quite a few times so you may want to check there- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

he was either in memphis in the last few weeks or he's gonna be here shortly. Saw it being advertised at our local Guitar center and newspaper. But I believe he'll be playing on a weeknight here and I workd 2nd shift. Id love to see him play

Comment

I saw him and Return to Forever a while back. They were killer.

Comment

One of the best shows I ever attened was Al DiMeolia. The guy is just insane and plays so effortlessly. He makes it seem so easy going to from some nice melody like into a blazing passage and back again. If you ever want to be humbled as a player, go see Al, he'll make you want to quit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Al has been doing more mellow stuff (acoustic and hollowbody electric) for a long time. If you go see him, don't expect him to break out the Les Paul and rock out. I saw him on the "Kiss My Axe" tour back in '92, which I think was the last time he did any heavier fusion stuff.

That said, Al is one of the most scary precise players I've ever seen. He was a big influence on me back in the '80s.

Comment

i might show up
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I saw him at the Paradise in Boston back in the day when he was on the "Electric Rondezvous" album tour.
                        all night I just kept saying "WTF Unbeleivable" [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Back then he just f'n smoked all night,an incredibly fast and smooth player, he was a major influence on me early on.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          he's coming here this month..I had some of his music on Vinyl..hell I can't remeber the titles.

But thinking of going to check him out..he's a truly great guitarist! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elegant Gypsy I think was one I had.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I
                            all night I just kept saying "WTF Unbeleivable" [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            Back then he just f'n smoked all night,an incredibly fast and smooth player, he was a major influence on me early on.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I kept saying last night. It was an AMAZING show and Adrian Legg who opened up was incredible as well and being there with a JCF bro as cool as HippieTim made it even better. I was in total awe of Al's entire band last night and when Adrian Legg finished his first song I turned to Tim and said "That was worth the price of admission right there.". I witnessed amazing talent last night and will be eternally grateful to Tim for letting me know the show was coming up and for purchasing the tickets in advance for us. Thanks Tim!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Jack - it was a blast. Jack was very cool to hang with. He even bought me dinner at the nicest restaurant in the area [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'd never seen either player live in-person before. We managed to get a position to stand in the very front the whole night. My jaw dropped many times. Starting with Adrian Legg's first tune and ending with Al just ripping it up. Most impressive indeed.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X