X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bush out of Anthrax?!?

I always preferred John over Joey. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article...=8869&type=NWS
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: John Bush out of Anthrax?!?

old news...and stupid news it is indeed!
    talk about a step in the wrong direction...sheesh! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm, I hadn't heard that before. I knew Joey and Danny were back for the reunion tour, but I didn't know John was gonna leave.

Comment

I've heard Scott Ian say John was still a member of the band,that they were just doing this reunion tour with Danny and Joey..Evidently John has something else in mind... Unfortunately,it won't be a Armored Saint reunion....

RIP Dave...
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I saw Armored Saint a few years ago when they were touring with Dio, one of the best shows I've ever seen. They totally stole the show.

Comment

Here's a portion of the 10/13/05 interview with Bush from the Dio Messageboard . You can read the whole thing there if you want to register. You can find it in the "Don't Talk to Strangers" sub-forum.

Dio Board: I don’t want to harp on about the current Anthrax situation so I’m only going to ask one question to you on this.
            I find it ironic that when you first joined Anthrax many fans wanted Joey Belladona to remain in the band and now he’s in the band all these years later many more fans want you back in Anthrax!
            At this stage are you still available for Anthrax in the future or do you feel that the door is closed on this ?

Bush: Well I guess people are fickle aren't they. Ha ha. Sounds like A case of the grass is always greener on the other side. I would never say never. But from A standpoint of how to properly live my life now I need to think of it as over. Otherwise I'd feel stuck in the mud. Not A healthy place to be.

Dio Board: And so to the future. What’s next for John bush? Many fans are wanting a new Armored Saint album and full tour. What’s the chances of that happening ?

Bush: Don't know yet. I think time will help figure it out. Music has been my life but sometimes A break gives you clarity and I think that's happening now. Whatever I do I want to do it from A place of love, not need. Nothing is in the works yet. I'll let you know.

Here is an excerpt from Blabbermouth.

Comment

Cool. Thanks, Em.

Comment

yeah it was like, we'll get Joey for the old material re-union bullshit tour and wow that will be cool and then Scott Ian says to the press that "John is still in the band, but Joey is singing on this tour" and well WHEN WERE YOU GONNA TELL JOEY TO LEAVE AGAIN, IAN ??? [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                stupid shit like this makes me go "click" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

best of luck to John Bush...like I said in that other thread, he should join Shadows Fall...that would be a huge metal band right there.

- Rune

Comment

It does seem a wierd situation - I like both singers, but much prefer the music from the Joey era. We've come for you all is a great CD though....
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I like Belladonna best!

When I saw Anthrax in June (which was one of the best shows I've EVER been to, it was AMAZING!) Joey absolutely slayed! He hit every note and he's got the frontman thing down to a T.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

John Bush fan here-Always was into Saint, Symbol of Salvation is one of those great albums to me. All the Bush Anthrax releases are way more entertaining to me. Was never that big of Anthrax fan until Bush..

Just saw there were in 100miles away ..gonna skip it

Comment

Bush fan here, too. Joey's voice is what always kept me from loving those early Anthrax albums. I listened to them for the music but his voice never did anything for me.

John's voice suits the depth of their music, in my opinion.

I wonder where this leaves Anthrax when Joey has had enough of Scott & Charlie and decides to bail?
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Was never that big of Anthrax fan until Bush..

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Bush fan here, too. Joey's voice is what always kept me from loving those early Anthrax albums. I listened to them for the music but his voice never did anything for me.

John's voice suits the depth of their music, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Same here. I always liked Joey, but I prefer John. Actually, I preferred Neil Turbin a little over Joey, too. I thought Joey was fine back in the day, but I really don't care for his voice too much any more.

Comment

well personally I like Bush more, no matter what "era" Anthrax songs he sings, and I love the newer stuff as well.

But I don't care who likes what singer, bottom line is that that was a shitty fucking deal to cut someone who gave everything for your band for the last 15 years or whatever...just letting him slip through the cracks!!

What a bunch of losers, it's sad

Comment

Working...
                              X