John Bush out of Anthrax?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: John Bush out of Anthrax?!?

I think John was looking for a break due to his newborn.I agree that they shit on someone who gave his all to the band far longer then Joey.

I like both era's. I was heavily influenced by the joey years 85-88. I learned how to write Mosh riffs from them and joeys vocals seperated them from the rest of the thrash pack, which was a good thing.

I remember meeting John on the Symbol tour and asking him if he was into the heavier bands.He mentioned that bands like Anthrax weren't his cup of tea.

Symbol was his finest hour IMO

Comment

Definitely not the first person Anthrax has treated poorly like that. Paul Crook anyone?

Comment

Eh, I think Paul was more interested in working in side projects and also with Sebastian Bach.

Funny story... I was in a local bar a few years ago, some band was setting up in the corner (can't remember what they were called). Anyway, someone starts playing some Anthrax song from Volume 8 on the jukebox, and I see some guy with short blonde hair at the bar. I tell one of my friends that the guy looks a little like Paul Crook, then my friend proceeds to tell me he just saw a recent Mtv Cribs episode of Sebastian Bach and that Paul was in the episode, too. The guy at the bar walks back to the band, then walks up front past me to go outside and get something, comes back and I call his name... sure enough it was Paul Crook! He was a pretty cool guy, but I wound up leaving soon and couldn't stay to watch his band because I was going to another club to see some other band.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In his metal sludge interview quite a while back he seemed annoyed that he recorded and toured with them for a few years and they never made him an official member.

Comment

This is a big bummer. Anthrax with Bush was some of my favorite metal. Sound of White Noise is one of my all time favorite albums ever. I always found Joey Bagodonuts to be too cheesey. Bush made Anthrax more bad ass.

It's a dame shame....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Bush made Anthrax more bad ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you there. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Saturday evening I purchased the new "live" Anthrax cd...Alive 2 2005, or something. I figured maybe I was too harsh in my judgement of Joey's voice and decided to give him another shot. Well, the shot didn't help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] His voice is all over the place, he's missing tons of notes and he sounds...weak, like there is no muscle to his voice.

Maybe John Bush has spoiled me on the older stuff, but man it sounds much better to me with Bush on the mic.

...and don't get me started on Danny Spitz. Back to Geneva crosseyed one! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Scott however, is a monster - one of the finest and tightest rhythm players I have ever heard. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] His playing just blows me away.

I still feel that Scott & Chrlie should be kicked in the dick for pushing John out of the way.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Then Joey must have been on steroids when I saw him, because he hit every note and then some! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I heard a live version of Among The Living the other day, I guess it was from the new cd. Joey's voice sounded like crap in some parts.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

HERE'S a great interview with Scott Ian, people.
                      Give Anthrax a break. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Break out your reading glasses for this one, the type is teeny! Yikes!

Comment

Bush has been ruining Anthrax for long enough. He used to have a hell of a voice, but lost it somewhere around Stomp 442. I'd be happy if he never goes near Anthrax again.

Comment

I can't blame John for being pissed about this, but then Scott said in the first place this reunion would be temporary. You have to figure they felt they could make some cash with the classic lineup doing a tour, and let's face it, they've never generated KISS money. They can all use the money, I'm sure.

John is sort of forcing the issue; he's saying he's out when the boss said he was on vacation. Bush should have done a solo project or a Saint reunion during this time and he wouldn't be sitting around having time to brood on it. I am sure that, short of Metallica offering him the vocal slot again, he will return to Anthrax when they're ready to have him back. He'd be rather dumb to do anything else, really...
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Interesting.

Anthrax without Joey and Danny just aint Anthrax. Plain and simple.

Among the Living Follow Me or Die!!!!!!
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                            X