Saw Frank Marino live last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saw Frank Marino live last night...

The 3 single coil I think was shown in his GP article waaay back when. (mid-late 70's?) I thought it was really cool back in the 70's that he did that. There's a current band I recently read an article on but forget the name of.. the guitarist plays a modded satin V w/ the crescent inlays with 3 single coils strat style.

I see he hit Milwaukee and Madison but not the cities..bummer, would have been cool to see him in a club setting anywhere reasonably close.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Frank is one of the most underated guitarist ever.I've told my story of meeting him years ago on this site a couple of times,but what a great talent.Pro-Fusion is right,if you ever get a chance to see him,don't pass it up.You will not be disapointed...................

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Never seen him play.

Sounds like I NEED to.

Thanks guys!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I saw him Monday at BB King's. What a great show. I went home and bought Real Live off of Itunes. It is exactly like the show, minus the visuals. I highly recommend it. It is the best $9.99 you will ever spend.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Never seen him play.

Sounds like I NEED to.

Thanks guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, having just now for the first time listening to him on his website's radio...

WHy isn't this guy a household name, at least a lasting one to this day and age!? Maybe I've just been living in a cardboard box...

Man, he is a great player!

Comment

He WAS a household name back in like 1981. I liked his stuff back then but haven't listened in years.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Man, this is great, it's a free radio/mp3 deal that just stays open in a seperate internet window!

Really enjoying it!

Comment

The guy is about as down to earth as it gets too. I think now that he's seen the dwindle of the Van Halen's (and that era), his recognition and appreciation by his fans as being a true pioneer shredder extension of Hendrix has come to light.
                  He always struck as being a little bitter as being overlooked in the 80's. When I saw him in the 80's, he was actually a little boring..now I'd love to him in a club or a bar setting tearing it up. It's great that he's rested and still has the flame goin. Kim Mitchell was another Canadian that was a great influence that you do not hear boo about now.

Comment

I was watching Marty Friedman's TV show in Tokyo and there was an appearance by Zakk Wylde.. when they were talking about Zakk, Marty said that the biggest thing they had in common was that they were both big Marino fans. If Marty and Zakk both love the guy, he must be pretty damn good.

Comment

i was about to say i had heard in several interviews Zakk is influenced by the guy a lot when it comes to solo/style. i could definitely hear it in just the few sample songs they have on their site. killer stuff!

Comment

Working...
                      X