Anybody got any good Krank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got any good Krank?

Has anybody heard anyone using a Krank that they thought sounded decent? I've only seen them used live twice (Black Dahlia Murder and Sworn Enemy) and I can't say they sounded horrendous, not the best tone in the world but not as puketastic as the internet chatter has made them seem. Anybody else have this experience?

Re: Anybody got any good Krank?

Shadow's Fall sounded really good at Ozzfest, playing through a mountain of Chadwicks, but you never know what is hiding back stage.

Comment

Noah Hensen of Pillar used two Krank half-stacks at the last show i saw them at. Not sure which model, but his tone was probably the most beastly fukking thing i've heard in a good long while.

killer.

Comment

i haven't heared them live yet (actually i have not even seen one over here), but i know that both the newest arch enemy as well as the newest nevermore albums were recoreded with both a 94 dual recto and a krank revolution.

Comment

i played the dime one at the store, took it into the tone room and KRANKED it, pun intended. it really rocked my socks. one of the best modern metal amps ive ever played. i think you have to match it up with the krank cab too, but it rumbled my gut, and i loved it. i want to get one!

Comment

I've got black and red and Anhydrous...

$200 a ball for the black and red, $250 for the Anhydrous.
            I'll do trades...
            You give me 1000 Psuedephedrines.. (Sudaphed, Actifed, Walphinate-D)..
            I'll give you 3 8 balls.

Comment

As far as Mike from Arch Enemy goes, I wasn't impressed with his tone live. I just couldn't hear him. Chris was using a JSX and he was much more clear in the mix. I could only hear Mike when he started ripping into some of his solos when he was laying into the wah.

Soilwork had pretty quality tone from the Krankensteins they were running, but they sounded a lot more clear / aggressive with 5150's. The Kranks had more of a heavy chunky sound without much bite.

[ QUOTE ]
              I've got black and red and Anhydrous...

$200 a ball for the black and red, $250 for the Anhydrous.
              I'll do trades...
              You give me 1000 Psuedephedrines.. (Sudaphed, Actifed, Walphinate-D)..
              I'll give you 3 8 balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That made me laugh pretty hard here at work. One of my co-workers just asked me what was so funny so I tried to explain the whole thing and she was completely lost about a sentence into the explanation.

Comment

Are you saying my dope is laughable?

Comment

So it would seem that these are worst overpriced, or that some of the endorsee roster can get good tone thru anything. As for Shadows Fall, I doubt they had anything hidden. When I saw them about a year and a half ago they were using a mode4 and a jcm800 reissue with a boss multieffect for the dirt, and it was at a medium sized club with a surprisingly shallow stage (I've played on it before) so I know they weren't hiding anything counter to their endorsement then. Oh and gwarghoul, you've got a pm (kidding!!)

Comment

Do you think a guy with the avatar of money, and a syringe is kidding?

I know my Krank.

Some people try Krank and they want to blast it,
                    Some people think its smokin..

Others want to shoot it.

But I just don't care abour Krank amps.

Comment

What ever happened to good old biker prope dope.

Anyways Krank sucks. You can get more out of a randall 100ES solid state and a decent Randall cab. With Jaguar speakers.

Comment

Prope dope...
                        Propylene glycol?
                        p2?

Never heard of those amps.
                        Hehe.

Comment

krank is crap drug wise, never tried it amp wise.make sure you have some masking tape for your nose when it falls off.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My point was they both suck.

Comment

Working...
                            X