Saw Nevermore/Opeth las night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Saw Nevermore/Opeth las night

COOL Inearthed , great...great fucking example!!!!

I happen to really like the new Opeth album..but it took quite a few times to absorb. Something I can't absorb in the car due to my ADD attention span. That is something I must listen to at homme ..undisturbed..when I'm in the mood for it.

Inearthed is a good dude..his opinion of this album MAY or May NOT change in time..but , that's his opinion..now how does this affect me in the slightest??

answer..it doesn't.

"But Bill...hey man...you don't like Rap..or Rap metal or all things Ebonical"

Yep, guilty as charged I whole heartedly think that stuff is completely retarded...with all my mind , heart and soul.

But That's MY deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thank You Ron..I can appreciate your opinion. I know you are VERY knowledgable of metal and a VERY good dude...and a excellent speller [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I hear that complaint ALL THE TIME..that is the most popular reason why people don't like Nevrmore..because of Warrel's voice..yeah, it's certainly a aquired taste. I find that people either hate or love it. I loved it the first time I heard him. Then really became a fan of his when I heard his prior band Sanctuary..the high notes in Battle Angels would make Halford's grapes shribble. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Warrel is "different"...which sets them apart from alot of other bands..but what really drove the nail..was Loomis..that guy is just incredible IMO.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Thank You Ron..I can appreciate your opinion. I know you are VERY knowledgable of metal and a VERY good dude...and a excellent speller

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, dude! Your check's in the mail! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well the check is in the amount of my .02 ..don't spend it all in one place.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

wow somebody who gets it.
            [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Flame on </font>

I "get it", twerp. The problem, from my point of view, was Opeth's atmosphere was severely lacking at Jaxx. If you weren't acting like an N'Sync fangirl, you might have actually READ the posts, and figured that out.

Since you decided to insult John, I decided to insult you. He's opinionated, but he doesn't act like a 12 year old kid with clique issues, either.

Nevermore kicked their butts the night I saw them. It happens. Accept it, and move on. Opeth's not going to be the greatest band in the world every night, no matter how far you shove your nose up their browneyes.

<font color="red"> Flame off </font>
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Wow, page 5 of this thread contained some of the most childish shit I've ever read. If other people think your favorite band is boring, then go write a blog about how big of an asshole he is. You don't have to bring that shit onto the board. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                If Warrel Dane farted the song Volare' into the microphone for an hour..I would cheer him on...that's how much I love Nevermore..

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay BIG money to see this. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Wow, page 5 of this thread contained some of the most childish shit I've ever read. If other people think your favorite band is boring, then go write a blog about how big of an asshole he is. You don't have to bring that shit onto the board. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. What is up with all the negativity on the JCF lately? There's plenty of that to be had elsewhere...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    If Warrel Dane farted the song Volare' into the microphone for an hour..I would cheer him on...that's how much I love Nevermore..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given the way Nevermore interprets "Sound of Silence," ya never know what could happen!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

didnt like Opeths new album [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

on a side note, i saw Bloodbath at Wacken Open Air, and they killed everything... awesome indeed!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given the way Nevermore interprets "Sound of Silence," ya never know what could happen!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give Warrel enough weed, and he might just go for it...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Amen. What is up with all the negativity on the JCF lately? There's plenty of that to be had elsewhere...

[/ QUOTE ]

people are listnening too much those serious metal bands who are booring on the stage and don't get laid. That causes negativity, depression, whining etc.
                          We need to see more concerts and make threads about bands such as Danger Danger, Vixen and Britny Fox. Then we are all happy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            didnt like Opeths new album [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

on a side note, i saw Bloodbath at Wacken Open Air, and they killed everything... awesome indeed!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the Bloodbath remark (Suffocation was crushing as well one day later), however I do enjoy Ghost Reveries alot! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

"people are listnening too much those serious metal bands who are booring on the stage and don't get laid. That causes negativity, depression, whining etc."

definitely [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] nothing's more boring than a boring live band.
                              when attending a show i want to be entertained. also, i HATE guys that just stand there and wait for the moment someone fucks up. sure, in case of nevermore there were a few parts where i just stood there with my jaw somewhere on the floor, but then again i wasn't waiting for JL to fuck up either, just pure amazement.
                              same thing goes for playing shows. everytime i see somebody who just watches my or anybody else's fingers, i can't resist, i need to do something ridiculous...like slapping my singer mid-song [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyways....opeth kicks ass. nevermore kick ass.
                              it's all good, bro's [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X