Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holdsworth

http://www.johnzguitar.com/BrufordAllanSolo.wmv
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: holdsworth

Holdsworth was so far ahead of his time he wasn't even on this planet. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Thanks for the vid!!
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

He has sick technique. However, I have never been able to get into his music....it is just too "out there" for me.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Tim,, you are the man. I love that shit. Thanks so much. That clip made my whole day. If that isn't inspirational playing... nothing is.

Comment

awesome stuff! Thanks for posting that. I so wanted to smash his synth-ax over his head went was in that phase [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Play guitar Alan, that is what you are great at [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

i still have never heard a note from the guy. i know he's great, i just somehow missed out on the guy. i don't know if i should watch the video or not, -lol
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

OMG how much he has influenced all the great players, he is a true guitar legend
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The old grey whistle test vid-good clip of him-cant get into his music at all!good player but doesnt move me in the slightest-I love Brett garseds playing(he rates Holdsworth very highly)but this dude is too out for my tastes

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  If that isn't inspirational playing... nothing is.

[/ QUOTE ]

welp...I guess nothing is then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mindless, goes nowhere, boring as it gets, and very hard time finding the groove and melody. Im with the others, does absolutely nothing for me.

Comment

That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Incredible player, but that style of music does zero for me.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I can't even find the key!

Comment

Some of his stuff isn't that far out there, I have to dig thru my vinyl and listen to him again. I haven't heard any of his newer stuff but his playing is incredible. I saw him live twice and he was flawless. One of my favorites for sure.
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I could listen to UK, no problem. That was way more accessable to a dino like me.

Comment

Everything is so effortless for him. cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X