Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Gabriel anyone?

Anyone seen him live, how was it?
    I just saw Growing Up concert (2003 Milan) on the TV, it was the most amazing and unique thing ever.

I've always been a huge Gabriel fan but never been at his his concert.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Peter Gabriel anyone?

Your Eyes was a song that always grabbed me for what it is worth.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Your Eyes... Great Lyrics

He is a great writer
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

To me he's one of those guys who borders on genious and pompous self-righteousness. Very much like Roger Waters.

I though the work he did with Genesis, and solo up to and including the So album was genious. Since then, its been "look how great I am" and I quickly lost interest and respect.

Comment

I can't get rid of the image of him dressed as a daisy on stage in Genesis. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I like alot of his stuff.
            Biko
            Shaking the tree
            In Your Eyes-even though it reminds me of Say Anything.

I saw the concert they had on Freeview a while back on DirectTV, it was pretty cool stuff.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I like Peter Gabriel.

Comment

At least you didn't say 'I like Peter, Gabriel' that would be different.

Seriously - I like everything except the 'Big Time' single/video. He has my respect for the stuff he did up till then.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I didn't care for his new album that much, but I like most of his stuff up to that point, including the Us album. Robert Fripp played on quite a bit of his early solo stuff.

Comment

In Your Eyes was my wedding song. I would love to see Gabriel.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

all of his albums have AMAZING production, they did his last album UP about 10 years or something. Very cool stuff.

BTW. Tony Levin sounded killer on that concert, genius bass player.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                      X