Steve Vai - video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Vai - video

Great playing from my favorite player...By the way,does anyone know where was this shot? Or is it a music video like said on the page? Anyways,here's the link:

Steve Vai - video

And thanks to nateb for Video Google [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Now enjoy the video [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: Steve Vai - video

Funny how the notes I'm hearing don't always correspond to what I'm seeing.

Still fun to watch, though.

Comment

Is it just you or me...Or the bad quality???

Comment

well there might be slight audio lag from the encoding but he is playing all those notes as his hand position is spot on for all the tones i hear.Realy good emotional playing with amazing showoff tech!I prefer him when he was in DLR-the perfect group to showcase his chops

Comment

The lag comes and goes then, cause sometimes I'm thinking something ain't right, and other times I'm thinking it's fine...then my eye catches something again. Strange.

I agree..I get a little tired of the moves, too. I liked him in Roth's band better, too.

But hey, who am I to say? He's making a good living in an arena that's almost impossible to make a living in...he's cut himself a little swath of music industry and made it all his own...from the notes to the stage presence and moves, there's only one Stave Vai. Good for him!

Comment

lol i wanted to punch him when he kept running his fingers through his hair!yeahh the music world needs vai but Whitesnake didnt [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You just took the words out of my head. But I think he plays best right now making his solo albums...Also,the line-up for tours (Vai,Tony MacAlpine,Dave Weiner,Billy Sheenan,Jeremy Colson) is probably the best you can get for a Vai line-up.

Comment

Tony macalpine is a fucking monster player-his maximum security album is a bench mark for neoclasical perfection(like Vinnies 1st two albums where)that dude has perfect pitch and can play anything after hearing it once!
                i dont want to say anything else on this board as i have the magic 666 number now

Comment

Hehe,congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Tell Satan that the pancakes he gave me were bad.

And yeah,Tony MacAlpine is a virtuoso...And [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

I love this video/song. I think it has great dynamics and showcases that Vai can play more traditional like the clean sections and solos in this song. The only issue is the very end with the whammy abuse. I can also do without the overly choreographed moves/faces.

I also thought the DLR line up was great. Eat 'em and Smile is a classic. Vai needs a band to hold him back a little and bring him down to earth.

Comment

Tender Surrender is the name of the song, and its definitly one of my favorites, he played it when i went to see him in concert, it was stunning, the whole concert was amazing, im definitly going to see him again.

Comment

I'm a huge Vai fan. I agree the video quality is bad but Vai kicks ass. He's so versatile. I don't think anyone abuses the wammy bar like him.

Comment

It is just a video of the song, from the Alien Love Secrets DVD. I thought that this video of some dude playing FTLOG is pretty cool...
                          Dude playing FTLOG

Comment

^^^ Beat me mto it...

Vai made a "Video" for each of the songs on ALS, with a secondary commentary track. Lots of good info...

Comment

I saw this a little while ago. If you guys want to have fun, play the actual song Tender Surrender on a MP3 player in unison with the video. I really like Vai, I think he is a amazing guitarist. But... uhm... it's pretty ironic that the song from the MP3 and the Audio from this video match up perfectly. I am not sure... But, I think he wasn't actually playing the song. I need to get a NLE running and do a audio comparison. Not sure if I know of a video editing system that can import flash video.

BTW, you are very welcome for the google video link. I got a ton of stuff from Paul Gilbert(Frenzy, Scarrified), Jason Becker(doing his concert solo and a Pagannini(sp?)song), and a bunch others that are not up on google video. If I get the time, I will host some.

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X