Clear All

Re: Steve Vai - video

yeahh mate-he realy lets rip on it
    check these clips out!!

http://www.audiophileimports.com/mov...tlehearts1.flv

http://www.audiophileimports.com/mov...tlehearts2.flv

Comment

Holy,that was some nice playing...Greg Howe,Steve Vai,Jeff Beck,Shawn Lane and Eric Johnson,how many great players (virtuosos?) do we need now? Thanks for the links,those vids ripped!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43751&q=guitar

shawn lanes 1hour long powersolo vid!!!!!with the charvel

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn was f'n amazing [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

A little Yngwie...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72789&q=yngwie

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56805&q=yngwie

Yeah, yeah he gained some weight, but if I could play the Arps From Hell I'd eat whatever the fuck I pleased! Probably wear a pirate shirt, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Those were awesome vids...They remind me of how amazing Yngwie actually is,maybe a little boring sometimes but just amazing theory knowledge and technique...

Comment

Holy Mullet Batman..Vai smokes!!

I had the honor to watch him live three times..each time gave me goosebumbs..

A player is good when he gives you goosebumps..Uli does that shit for me too.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  A player is good when he gives you goosebumps

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Speaking of Uli Roth, there are some recent live videos on his website. I downloaded them if there are problems getting it from there and somebody wants them. One of them is 170MB, the other is 263.

Very good playing in the vein of Malmsteen. Or should I say Malmsteen plays in the vein of Uli Roth...

Comment

EJ is absolutely outstanding! Thanks for sharing; Cliffs of Dover is my favorite tune. I wish he would do just an album of rippin it up!

Comment

That vid of Vai reminds me why Vai is God Like

Very tastie and raw has a Little Wing feel to it
                        It has that Hendrix feel to me

I picked up the new G3 from Tokyo
                        Vai is still hands down a technical monster!

BTW: no more Mullet LOL he has long hair again

Comment

Anyone remember the grammy's when Steve Vai was doing a duet with Nelly Furtado playing "Im Like A Bird". I dont think I have ever heard anyone just projectile vomit Hendrix'ish chord progressions all over a song in my whole life. I did a looksee for it for a while and couldn't locate it. I wish I had my hands on that one. He is a master.

I take that back....

There is a clip of the 2002 grammy awards on her site in the media section or her odd site.

http://www.nellyfurtado.com

You kinda want to just take her out of it and just listen to him. Sorry about the quality, it was the best I could find.

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Yeah this is Vai playing to the audio track. He does this on the dvd to show how he plays it. He plays it the same live with a little improv. It isn't because he can't do it, it is more a theatric performance, but the audio is dead on. This is one of my favorite tracks and I heard it immediatley.

Comment

Dude, the performance he did with furtado was amazing. You have no idea what you are talking about. Yes he used hendrix like chords, but he rearranged the song to be able to accompany her and make HER stand out. His use of harmonics and his phrasing is impeccable. I have the video for it. If someone hosts it I will share.

Comment

I think he was being complimentary, though that may be the first time I ever heard anyone use "projectile vomit" in a positive way... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X