Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kreator - Enemy Of God DVD (5150 settings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kreator - Enemy Of God DVD (5150 settings)

i wonder if anybody could do me a favour? i was just watching the bonus dvd that comes with kreator's enemy of god, and in the making of enemy of god clip there's a scene around 2:20 or something) where both sami's powerball and esp. mille's 5150 can be seen quite clearly. unfortunately my pc is fucked up so i can't watch the dvd on it, which is why i can't take a screenshot, and watching it on my tv just isn't clear enough to figure out the settings.
    so i wonder if anybody could be so kind and help me figure out the 5150 settings?
    i tried to do it, but there are some parts where i'm just not sure. this is what i got so far
    rhythm pregain 10:00
    lead pregain also 10:00 (lead channel is used btw)
    bass 1:00
    middle either 3:00 or 9:00
    treble 11:00
    rhythm postgain 10:30
    lead postgain 10:00
    resonance either cranked or 11:00
    presence 10:30

judging by the way the cd sounds, having the mids very high makes complete sense to me. however, the dvd sounds way more scooped, so it might very well be the case that he has the mids scooped for rehearsal.

thanks in advance

Re: Kreator - Enemy Of God DVD (5150 settings)

There you go. I can't really make heads or tails off of that picture, though you seem to be pretty close.

Comment

thanks
      and yes, you hit the nail right on the head. there are a few settings that could easily be both, high or low. i mean, the masters and gains are easy to figure out, as nobody would crank any of those all the way up on a 5150 head, esp. not in a rehearsal space (talking about the masters). but as i said, esp. the mids could very well be high or low.

Comment

mmh....seems like the bass is higher, more like 2:00 ish, and i *think* the resonance is indeed all the way up. moreover, the mids look more like 3:00 than 9:00 to me.
        anybody with a good photo editing program, please chime in!

Comment

That's a cool shot
          The Engl Poweball is the amp for me, I had a 5150 but didn't like it all that much, but both of the amps together probably would be a good match!, Wish I like Kreator! hhahah

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X