X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brad gillis new goes heavy???

from the Vicious Rumors website-

The VR family welcomes Brad Gillis and James Rivera to the band! The
    veteran, all-star lineup is now complete.

Brad Gillis (Ozzy Osbourne, Night Ranger) returns to metal and beyond with VR for the next studio CD and tour. Brad blew everyone away when he took over for the late Randy Rhoads touring with Ozzy in 82 & 83 and did all the guitar work on the “Speak of the Devil – Live” and then went on to platinum success with Night Ranger. His mind bending guitar playing is perfect for the VR guitar team and is sure to provide some scorching riff exchanges!

James Rivera (Helstar, Flotsam & Jetsam) joins VR bringing soaring vocals and a true metal spirit to the band. James has performed, recorded and toured with many legendary metal outfits. He brings a powerful sound and creativity. A true pro, James has the tools to carry on in the VR legacy

Re: brad gillis new goes heavy???

WTF happened to the new night ranger album/tour? FIZZUCK!

Pete

Comment

Ok, this sounds like a very vicious rumor.
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I know he says on his website that you can hire him to do solo's on your cd/demos.Wonder if they tossed him some cash to do this?

Comment

huh, thats cool...
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I know he says on his website that you can hire him to do solo's on your cd/demos.Wonder if they tossed him some cash to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]Honestly, I don't know where they wouldve gotten the cash. I saw them in 2001 when i lived in S.F. at a shithole called kimos. Geoff thorpe was the only one left in the band, they had atma anur on drums, geoff was singing, and they were doing dropped b tuning. A very far cry from when I saw them on welcome to the ball tour. But, if gillis is with them, I will check it out.
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

who is VR? I am having a brain fart.

Comment

VR = Vicious Rumors

Comment

VR Rockdetector page
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

well who is Vicious Rumors though...
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Who said Brad Gillis wasn't heavy!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        well who is Vicious Rumors though...

[/ QUOTE ]
                        A band. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Steve Smyth from Nevermore/Testament also was in VR for a few years.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool! Brad Gillis hasn't done anything heavy in years...

Yes, he is a guitar for hire.

I remember seeing VR in the mid 80s... lol. Roadwarrior Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Vicious Rumors..A whoop ass 20 year veteran metal band that was home to Vinnie Moore , Mark McGee , Steve Smyth , Geoff Thorpe ..

Jeff Loomis was also a runner up in this camp years ago..before Nevermore.

This is AWESOME news..Now you will hear Gillis SMOKE on this shit!!!

James Rivera of Seven Witches / Helstar / Distant Thunder / Destiny's End is a GREAT singer..The Mexican Rob Halford!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

VR I can appreciate considering both Vinnie and Steve were in there, never could get into the band though. Maybe with Brad I'll give em another shot.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X