Yngwie in LA on 11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie in LA on 11/14

anyone else making this show at the Avalon? (formerly The Palace)

I will be there if anyone wants to hook up to check out the show.

I sorta lost interest in Yngwie a couple cd's back, but I'm always up for his live show. hope by now he's learned to push away from the table now and then. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: Yngwie in LA on 11/14

Saw him a few yers ago on he G3, worst live tone EVER. Nails on a chalk board tone.

Comment

I caught him at the NAMM party earlier this year, he rocked.
      I was invited to check him out in the OC but I think I'll pass this time.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm going with ATOMIC TOMMY...hear that Tommy, YOURE GOING!....so we will see you there!

Should be fun and I agree 110% with all you said!

PRIOR JCF thread........
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I saw him last Wed here in Houston. He is excellent live. Definately worth checking out.

Comment

yeah I've seen him like 6 times, back to 1987. no one even comes close in terms of mastery of the instrument, IMO. the shows I've seen have all had killer tone and sound for the most part. no complaints in that regard. but I may not recognize half his setlist at this point, just cause the last few albums have not impressed me at all, so I never listen to those.

JRE I'll pm ya dude.

Comment

I'm tryin' I'm tryin'

Comment

The only guitarist better than Yngwie IMHO is Uli. Actually, comparing Uli to any other guitarist isn't fair.

Comment

Well, looks like I'll be there.

Comment

bump!

Comment

well, YJM ripped it up in Hollywood last nite, I met JRE at the show. cool dude.

Yngwie was sloppy for the first couple songs, but then he got loosened up and was spot on the rest of the night. he did one of the classical songs from the orchestra cd which was great, and the best was the encore of Burn (Deep Purple) which they fuckin killed, and I'll See the Light Tonight as the last song.

(he's still fat, but seems to have lost some weight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

his band was great as usual. the singer Doogie White looked like he just drug his ass in from the gutter (old guy with lame metal hair) but he sang great and hit all the notes in just about every song. sound was very good by my estimation. we were about 20 yds from Yngwie for most of the show.

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey were either of you guys wearing a Charvel shirt? I mentioned to JRE over PM that I saw someone in a Charvel shirt, but lost them in the crowd as I was heading out.

Kick ass show though, sorry I missed you guys.

Comment

Yes.....'skorb' was wearing the board colors Monday night! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          (But I never got your PM???)

I totally agree with skorb's review.

YJM spent the first song basically rumblin' around the stage flicking guitar pics. I'd say he's dropped at least 20-30 lbs since I saw him in 2004 on G3. He still kinda looks like Ann Wilson with sideburns tho..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

After that he did settle down and begin the YJM usual shred fest!

The usual parade rotation of 5 Fender Strats, and a "Wall of Marshalls" (that the lighting guy fukked up the key spot on when the stacks were introduced......oooops!)

It was nice to see him with a fairly capable singer who could sing the "hits" like "You Dont Remember...." and "I'll see the Light Tonight".

The highlight for me also was DEEP PURPLE'S "Burn" as the energy of the building level quadrupled as the riff (a killer!) began.....

Thanks to skorb for hanging with me and for the tips (which I've forgotten, of course....HELP!) on the CDs to checkout.

Reviews out of 5:

Music Review: [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] 1/2 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Guitar Review: [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Hey were either of you guys wearing a Charvel shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]
                            I had my grey Charvel shirt with blue logo. The ones they sell on ebay all the time.

Paddok, you never called my cell.... (you just didn't wanna hang out w/ the over-40 crowd!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              Hey were either of you guys wearing a Charvel shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I had my grey Charvel shirt with blue logo. The ones they sell on ebay all the time.

Paddok, you never called my cell.... (you just didn't wanna hang out w/ the over-40 crowd!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I called you too. Too bad YOU missed US!

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X