DARKANE last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARKANE last night!

Saw the Darkane/SYL/Fear Factory tour yesterday, skipped FF, but Darkane RULED!! That band is amazing live! They couldn't bring their own gear from Sweden though so Klas was using one of SYL's rectifiers and Christofer was playing through....a V-Amp 2!!! Into a poweramp! Drastic jump from his usual ENGL Savage 120! But it sounded great! They are awesome guys, got some cool merch and chilled with them for a while! Make sure to check em out if they stop by your town!

Did you see this show Bill? They just played Clevenland last week....

Re: DARKANE last night!

Did they at least get a decent mix? In Minneapolis, at the same venue that ruined Soilwork's sound on the Natural Born Chaos tour, Darkane's guitars were barely audible. It was still great seeing them live, but I wish I could have heard the solos that I *saw* them playing.
    sigpic

Comment

The solos came through clear but the guitar sound was shit for the first song, couldn't hear a thing...It got decent eventually but I could still tell the sound guy didn't really care...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dumpy that happens alot lately man..sound men sucks ass sometimes..

That's why I like The House Of Blues..best sound in town.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

im going to see them next week, gonna chill with the soilwork dudes on their bus most likely, and see what happens from there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw Darkane together with Meshuggah a couple of years ago at a local venue... they kicked ass! However, I can't stand their new cd! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dumpy that happens alot lately man..sound men sucks ass sometimes..

That's why I like The House Of Blues..best sound in town.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you catch this tour in Cleveland? I remember you bein' a big fan of at least the guitar sound on Insanity and Expanding Senses!

Comment

No, I friggin't missed them. I like the new Darkane better than the new Soilwork and In Flames..it's not as gay..

They got a little gay but not as much..

I wish these bands didn't worry about what their peers sound like..and just worry about doing their own thing..

That starts the cookie cutter syndrome..

Why did all three bands have to incorporate studio tricks and clean vox all at the same exact time?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was suppose to see em tonight. But I did get to meet em, cool bunch of guys (See Death Metal Heaven thread in Non JC)

Comment

I think Layers of Lies is Darkane's best since their first album. If anything, it's too short.

Now if only Susperia would tour the States...
                    sigpic

Comment

Supsperia fucking Rules..I still got to grab their latest one..so much stuff to grab!!

I would also like to see Hypocrisy come here too..

Comment

About Susperia and Hypocrisy together? I know Susperia has recorded with Peter, so it's not like they haven't worked together.

What would be a good starting point as a Hypocrisy newb? The only stuff I know is what I've heard on sampler CDs or on Nuclear Blast's video site. I like what I've heard, but it's newer stuff, and the older material seems to get the better reviews.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, just get their new one, "Virus"... many people say it's their best one.
                          I have heard samples from it in a store but haven't bought it (yet). But I think you wouldn't go wrong with that one.

Apart from "Virus", I suggest their album from 2000, "Into The Abyss".
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Bill, you might want to check out Christofer's (Darkane guitarist) solo project Non Human Level. No clean singing, just thrash/death-madness with some really neat, eerie acoustic parts, some "weird" stuff (one keyboard solo, church organ) and intense riffing.

Comment

I had no idea nonhuman level was released? I gotta get on the case! Meanwhile Hypocrisy - Virus just finished and launched into Darkane - Layers of Lies as I opened this thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] coincidence? I think not!

Comment

Working...
                              X