DARKANE last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DARKANE last night!

I think the newest Darkane is an improvement over the last one too, but they still aren't using their full potential and seem to be playing it safe. The really vicious tech passages and symphonic parts on Rusted Angel are truly superior and Layers of Lies just barely touches on those things. What I've heard from Non-Human Level is pretty good - seems better than the new Darkane & Meshuggah. I hope to snag the full cd soon. Does anyone here have the Agretator stuff? It's pre-Darkane material. Rare & cool.
    I don't think anyone can go wrong just starting from the beginning with Hypocrisy. Penetralia is a classic. It's absolutely gritty, guttural death metal that sounds like little else when you really listen to it (even stood out intensely from the Sunlight Studios movement of that period). I really prefer the early stuff to the new! I was not a fan of Peter's Pink Floyd dabblings.

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys..yes Baum I heard of Non human Level and actually have them on my ever growing wish list..I will pick it up! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

There is a couple things I think you guys would dig , that I've been listening to..One is Disharmonia Mundi with speed Strid on Vox..I like it...

and I just picked up a band called Vicious that I'm into..

Hypocrisy's VIRUS smokes..get it.

Carnal Forge Are you dead yet gets constant rotation along with Terror 2000 / Dimension Zero / Eucarist / Defaced / The Wake / Hearse / The Forsaken...I'd wished these guys would come by.

The last Forsaken was produced by Peter Tangren at abyss studios and it Smokes!!

Anyone hear of any news on Witchery..man I LOVE that stuff..no more I guess ..I hope that's not the case.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Terror 2000 also just released a new album. Its pretty insane from what I here. the Soilwork guys don't bring any of there sing-along choruses at all.

Comment

Shit , Drip it's about Time ..I MUST pick up their new one!!!

I got both their studio ones and their live one..I need some NEW Terror 2000!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Unless the article I read was old and outdated, Jensen said in an interview that he is always writing riffs, and then some just seem better for The Haunted than Witchery or vice versa, so I assume that Witchery still lives in some form.
            sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Shit , Drip it's about Time ..I MUST pick up their new one!!!

I got both their studio ones and their live one..I need some NEW Terror 2000!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

speed gave me and my friend a copy of the new Terror 2000 disc back in august. you wont be dissapointed bro. its the best, and one of the funniest AND funest albums to come out in a while.

Comment

I want it , I need it..I'll get it!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The new Witchery album has been recorded for a WHILE they are just looking for a label....

Comment

I was wondering about the W..I thought Sharlee and Jensen was way too busy with Arch Enemy and The haunted..

I'm glad they are putting another one out!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X