• Show
Clear All

Re: So all these 80s hair metal people talk about

[ QUOTE ]
    wasp
    thor
    madam x
    manowar
    (with all that hairspray in the 80's its no wonder we've got fuckin holes in the ozone layer) [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL thats funny shit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW: did they ever do DC Comics for Thor, Madam X, and Manowar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I saw Manowar a few years ago, they have a smokin guitarist [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's some of my favorites, but there's way too many to list:

Ratt - Lay It Down, Wanted Man, Back For More, Round and Round, Scene Of The Crime (cheesy lyrics, but I love that song)
      Dokken - In My Dreams, Into The Fire, Sleepless Nights, Night By Night, Dream Warriors
      Whitesnake - Still Of The Night, Crying In The Rain, Bad Boys, Here I Go Again
      Y&T - Mean Streak, Don't Stop Runnin', Contagious, All American Boy, Midnight In Tokyo
      Lion - Powerlove
      Shotgun Messiah - Heartbreak Blvd
      Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation, Tangled In The Web, The Secret
      Hurricane - Dance Little Sister, Reign Of Love, Lock Me Up
      Rough Cutt - Take Her, Black Widow, Bad Reputation

and on and on...

Comment

I just scored a copy of Tyketto's "Don't Come Easy". What a great album!
        How did I manage to miss this one first time around? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Loudness! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Most of my suggestions have already been listed, but I'll add one of my faves.

Lillian Axe - Innocence

Comment

Just get the Whitesnake 1987 self-titled album. Every song, with the exception of the last cheese-meister are just the shit.

There is a great Dokken greatest hits record that will give you a really good look at Lynch.

You can also sign up for Live365 and stream all the hair-metal you could imagine...and thus decide what you like. There are at least 50 stations that are pretty much dedicated to the genre. '80s Metal Maniac, Bad Hair Radio etc.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I just scored a copy of Tyketto's "Don't Come Easy". What a great album!
                How did I manage to miss this one first time around? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

That was a cool album. Forever Young ("He's denyin', the kick insiiide. Daddy slams the door. We made a deal, you and I. Cross our hearts and hope to diiiie") and Wings ("You can knock on every door, from now until eternity. And you can keep on lookin' anywhere, you won't find another man like me") were awesome jams [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Their singer, Danny Vaughn, was in a band called Waysted (with Pete Way on bass) and they had an album titled Save Your Prayers. I listened to this so much on cassette that when I put it in my tape deck now, I get this high pitched squealing sound. I have not been able to find it on CD anywhere [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also check out Babylon A.D. (their first self-titled album, Nothing Sacred, and American Blitzkrieg). My cousin plays drums for them, and now on American Blitzkrieg his brother plays bass [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

also check out Leatherwolf - Street Ready. They're not really hair metal, but it's what I'm listning to right now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Kick axe
                  Giuffria
                  Nighranger
                  Dokken
                  Lynch mob
                  Ratt
                  WASP
                  Kix
                  Winger
                  Poison