saw kamelot tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw kamelot tonight

i just got home from the Kamelot show. all i can say is WOW!!! i saw them at progpower 5 and didn't care for them too much live, although i do like their CDs. but tonight they were 110% KILLER!! the sound was great and they debuted their new member, a permanent keyboardist. the set was heavy on the last 3 albums, but that's okay. i am making no sense. it's late....i usually go to bed at 9:30 unless i'm playing a show...

ugh...anyway if they pass by you check the show out!!! totally PRO power metal....and live thom youngblood plays a lot more guitar than you get on the CDs. and the girl singer they drag around is really good too. i am proud to call these guys a "local" band!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: saw kamelot tonight

One of my favorite live-bands, I always went to their shows when they showed up in my area. The girl singer is Youngblood's wife, as far as I know.

Comment

That girl they're dragging around is Tom's wife [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I'll be seeing them at BB Kings in NYC on 11/25
      How was the light show?? TAZ (the guy does Savatage, Chris Caffery, as well as MANY others) was doing lights for them...

Comment

the lights were okay. they were limited to what the club had. it was cool because it was considered a "local" show - they rarely ever play in town...

the club maybe holds 500 people, but there was only 200, 250 max...

the guys put on a show like they were playing a larger venue. khan is VERY dramatic with his performances...thom was grimacing a lot, and even though he was having technical problems with his amps, he still gave a good performance and was even laughing to glen about the problem while they were playing...speaking of glen it was his birthday, so khan passed around beers to the band and had the crowd sing happy birthday...a couple of the band members' parents were there, they were rocking out on one of the balconies...it was just a really FUN and musically killer show.

they had some local death metal growler come and do shagrath's parts on the "march of mephisto" (in tampa area shows like this you see guys like eric rutan, the hoffman bros from decide and a ton of other "rockstars" hanging and mingling - it's very cool)

another cool thing was that after the show they all came and just hung out like regular guys. they signed stuff and were real friend. before the show i needed to get some cash out of the atm, so my wife and i were walin gover to the otherside of the venue (it's a bar/restruant) and we ran into youngblood and we talked for a couple of minutes. he was a pretty nice guy. i think he was surpised we recognized him.

it was cool. as far a gear, the guitars were ESP, a horizon or eclipse. i couldn't see any amps they were off stage.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Kamelot kick ass!!

I would expect greatness from them live...I have their live one. I would assume they sounds like that.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I have their live one. I would assume they sounds like that.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That live-CD must be a studio product. I have bootlegs from the same shows and if you compare them with the Live-CD, it suddenly becomes a big joke. Could be that the crowd is real... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Kamelot are pretty cool, seen em live twice now.

The Fourth Legacy is a masterpiece.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
              X