T-Ride, anyone remember them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Ride, anyone remember them?

I digged up some old stuff again....this time it's T-Ride. What an AWSOME band it was. They made only one album, the self titeled one. Very unique sounding record. Van Halen meets King's X meets Genesis meets Queen is the best I can describe them. Badass players. The guitar player Geoff Tyson was Satriani's student, he does some small projects right now, the drummer Eric Valentine is a producer and audio engineer for high budget artists, dunno what happened to the main man Dan Arlie who was the lead singer and bass player.

Anyone remember them? If you are not familiar with them I suggest checkin' 'em out, their records are very hard to find tho.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: T-Ride, anyone remember them?

I have it and think it's pretty ok. These guys were hyped up to be the next great band and then they just...poof...disappeared. Tyson was pretty good, but didn't do much for me personally.

Lots of guys dig 'em more than I do and that's cool.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

i saw these guys open for satch on the flying in a blue dream tour (i think it was that one). they were incredible. i remember seeing the drummer do all the sequencing with his drumstick in the middle of the songs - it was amazing. i was totally into these guys, and it killed me that they fell apart.

as a matter of fact, i was so impressed with them that they did a with some other band. they were coming here to tampa and they were opening for some - but for hte chance to see these guys in a bar (the rocket club - loooong gone nowadays) i was all over it. so i get there, and i'm waiting and then there is this really crappy band that opens up and hte "singer" is just hanging on hte mic, all gothed out staring at people with these freaky different color eyes. i hated every minute of it. the finish and then the place start to fill up. i walked up to a roadie and asked them where t-ride was and he told me that t-ride got kicked off the tour and that first band was their replacement. well the second band, white zombie, was about to come on, i looked around hte the crowd got scary looking and i could tell i wasnt gonna like this either - so i left...

marylin manson and white zombie in a bar (at least i think it was MM) hated it then, and hate it now.

yeah - i remember t-ride R.I.P....

Comment

Wow, I completely forgot they existed. I thought they were ok but I was disenchanted with hard rock and metal at that time so I never gave their album much of a chance. I need to check this out again.

Comment

I have one song (Luxury Cruiser) on the Vince Neil single from 'California Man' - that's a really cool song, but I never heard anything else by them.....would have loved to have seen White Zombie in a club though!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Remember them?? I listen to that album at least once a week!!!

Jeff Tyson is a student of Satriani's
            Occupy JCF

Comment

about 2 weeks ago i went to pull that cd out and the case was empty. Now i have to foigure out where it is... damn it!

the song bone down is a KILLER..

Comment

great players...great backing vox...the drummer produced the album...dan arlie the bass player was a security guard in cali the last i heard...rumors still float around about demos from a second cd but i have never been able to find them...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I love, love, love that CD. I saw them completely annihilate Danger Dagner at HammerJack's many years ago, and they were awesome...

Let's put it this way - "I Hunger" was in the "dance music" portion of my wedding music...
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Remember them?? I listen to that album at least once a week!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] me too! actually maybe a bit less than that, but I love this record and I got it way back when in 92 when it came out. I'm always trying to turn my friends on to T-Ride, in fact I just burned a copy for a buddy last week. my favorite songs are Hit Squad and Heroes and Villains.

killer band. I read a Jeff Tyson interview recently on the net where he said that Eric (drummer) and Dan (bass, vocals) were sure the cd would be a huge hit and when it wasn't, they started blaming each other and then it really got ugly with a lot of personal insults being unloaded and Jeff felt because of how bad it was that those two would never reconcile. which sucks because they were true originals. Eric is a pretty well-known producer now.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Wouldve realy liked to hear what Tyson could do leads wise,Satch said in an interview that he was the best player he ever had as a student.One cd and gone, what a shame.Saw them here in denver at Bangles.Great live show.I WAS amazed how well those guitar parts came off live.He nailed them.I havent been able to figure any of thier songs on guitar.They are a bitch.

If you dont have this cd, get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X