Van Halen Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen Help

does anyone know what effects were strung together in order to create the intro to "and the cradle will rock"? I'm referencing the part that runs from the actual beginning of the some to where the keyboard starts - maybe 2-3 seconds tops....

saw DLR last night with brian young last night and he does the same plam rub across the strings as atomic punk. the motionis MUCH slower - like maybe 1 long down and up stroke.

something was telling me maybe a flanger hooked up to a delay? dunno. if anyone has some info on this i would appreciate it.

thanks....

Re: Van Halen Help

From what I've read, it's actually the keyboard, run through Ed's Marshalls, with a flanger. I guess he bangs on the keyboard or lower keys or something....

Comment

well i know brian young pulled it off without a keyboard. i'm not referencing the whole intro - just teh first maybe 2-3 seconds - it's very cool.

Comment

I haven't heard the tune in a while but if I had to guess I'd say that volume is a key player, a flanger/phaser, and either a slow and torturous pickscrape with the whammy and/or one of Eddie's palm rubbing tricks.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

"From what I've read, it's actually the keyboard, run through Ed's Marshalls, with a flanger. I guess he bangs on the keyboard or lower keys or something....

Bingo!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X