Children of Bodom in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Children of Bodom in Toronto

COB is good, im seeing them in Massachusetts dec. 10 but take it from me stick to Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow the Reaper, but take it from me, stay away from are you dead yet? *shudder*

Comment

Better be good when I go.

Comment

I like the earlier stuff up until follow the reaper, everything after that is crap imho.

They are a very good liveband, lots of energy, but Alexi and Janne get sloppy sometimes (especially alexi) and their tone is not really optimal either.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That's cuz he changed guitars, and now plays with EMG HZ pickups which suck balls. Jacksons were A LOT better. And cuz of that cheapo pickups you get that sloppy feeling sometimes.

Comment

I saw them in Milwaukee, they were pretty damn awesome, so was Trivium. The only part that sucks was it felt like a sausage fest there, but the show was awesome anyways. The keyboardist shreds away not even looking, its amazing.

Comment

Eh.. Looks like I'm missing the show tonight in Seattle. 100% sold out.

Comment

I was glad I caught them. It was a total fluke.

I picked up "Follow the Reaper". The soloing at the end of "Kissing the Shadows" kicks ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I waited to long the San Francisco show is sold out, and thier my favorite band for a couple of years now [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I talked to a friend of mine, said that Amon Amarth was excellent, Trivium was really, really lame, and Children of Bodom was also excellent. She hung out with Bodom until last call at a nearby bar.

Comment

Man I so wanted to go to that show last night. Damn appendix
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I saw the Bodom setlist from the show... Looks like the past tours setlist with just some new songs on it.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

every one loves COB!! soo good. i really want the frist album but its hard to get, and exspensive. fallow the reaper is sooo good. what do u guys think of the new album??? I didn't like it to much when I frist listened to it but its grown on me. Not their greatest album but not bad.

Comment

Good for me I live in Finland :P I'm going to see COB in my home town in February, seen them once before. And that first album...they sell it in almost all of the local dealers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

All I know of CoB is there new video being played on some Metal Video shows.

I'd like to pick up one CD, but it sounds like there is some confusion as to what is best.

If my favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dio, Armored Saint, Savatage, Queensryche, Megadeth, Metallica (older stuff) which CD would be best for me to try?

Comment

I'm not a "metal" aficionado by any means, but I picked up Follow the Reaper. If you can get past the cookie monster vocals, it rips. Alexi is a great player... the rest of the band rips as well. The tunes themselves sound like old school metal (Alot of them sound like Zakk Wylde wrote/played them), with alot of keyboard/guitar trade off soloing.

Comment

Working...
                                X